Ukdirters F2s Results!

Simon31

As there is 4 ukdirters racing f2s this season Myself, Kruiz, Ironmac and Mart, thoght i would start a thread just to show how were getting on!

ill start the ball rolling!

St Day

Heat- 5th

Final-DNF

GN -DNF

Happy with the 1st meeting with getting 5th in the heat, car was handling auful for me round st day but managed to make small progress for the GN! thanks to our very own Cabs! on the plus side even with the car not handling the best and never drove the track before was delighted to see i was only .4 off Bill Battons pace! And the DNFs were in the final i caught the fence on my own merit and wreaked the bumper and GN 76 Chris Rowe drove over my car and then with a little love tap from 38 Dave Polley which didnt help as i had a punture sent me in lol, came out smiling tho :)

post-243-1236591824.jpg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

2nd meeting today, at taunton very warm, bloody quick and lots of big names!

Heat= 8th

Final= 11th

GN=11th

3 points and £5 points money lol, real happy as there was over 50 F2s there today and nerly all of the big names were down ie Bradbury etc, no damage just a bent bumper lol, was leading the gn for a while but the dreaded restarts soon put an end to that! car still pushing on comming out of corners but makeing small and steady progress :)

You looked as if you were enjoying it Si today, was unlucky with the restart etc, but hey ho thats racing. was also wondering if your engine was running sweet aswell lol as yellows etc were trampling on you down the straight. (maybe thats because they have pumped a lot more money into it than you.)

2nd meeting today, at taunton very warm, bloody quick and lots of big names!

Heat= 8th

Final= 11th

GN=11th

3 points and £5 points money lol, real happy as there was over 50 F2s there today and nerly all of the big names were down ie Bradbury etc, no damage just a bent bumper lol, was leading the gn for a while but the dreaded restarts soon put an end to that! car still pushing on comming out of corners but makeing small and steady progress :)

well done on your first trip to the magic roundabout.. hopefully a pic or two for ya.

post-34-1237754140.jpg

Ali that pic is great, thank you very much! lee my motor is pretty quick, just with the car handling preety poo out of the bends it was hard to get a good run off, up the garage tommorow and have a play, for St Day next week, loads more to come from the car but as they say rome wasnt built in a night, should slowly get there, but really enjoying it and as keen as ever lol!

Had my 3rd meeting of 2009 on sunday at St Day, where the racing was very very fast. made big progress with the car as it was no longer pushing on but very taily now lol but think we may have cracked it for taunton on easter monday!

Anyway my results!

Heat= 10th

Cons=9th

Final=12th

Gn=DNF

Not the best of days, with only getting 2 points, but hopefully after Taunton the results should be alot better :) was leading the cons until 5 laps to go, and half the final even got a mention on the austospeed site :) Still keen as ever.

Si#31

• 2 weeks later...

Raced Taunton yesterday, pretty average day, car handling is real bad and really running out of ideas lol, getting a bit Peed off now lol,

Anyway Results!

Heat = 8th

Final = 11th

Gn= DNF

DNF from Gn span out and a head on from 628 Chris Stephens bent the bumper back on the front wheel lol! anyway back to the drawing bord! and try and sort this car out lol!

P.S Fantastic photos yet again Ali!, and Jon muz we was gonna do that but the way were going at the mo ild just get eaten up lol!

Si#31

• 2 weeks later...

ive know this aint an F2 but thought i would update on how my son was doing in the autograss. We built a new AX for this year and have a new paint job of black/red/gold the first weekend we had a few problems but this weekend the car was up to speed, with Muz winning heat 1 on the sunday.

heres a few vids from the weekend

cheers prydie

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see you out there jimmy, and Muz seems to be getting better and better every week :)

Raced on sunday at St Day, was my worst meeting so far lol

Heat 1= DNF, was 6th until last lap got spun and car wouldnt start.

Consi = 9th

Final= DNF,went in to the the 1st bend and my steering wheel came off lol and got hit by 877 Eddie Darby

GN= DNF= was leading most of the race but herd a big rattle so pulled off as didnt want the motor to go!

anyway for next time changing the axle and shocks, going to a 4 link axle and trying some protech shocks

Si#31 :)

Kruiz, a 3 link axle is where you have to bars comming from the axle to the chassis, one on each side and a bar on the top of the axle in the centre, a 4 link is where you have 2 bars on each side and nothing on the top, should make the car more stable going into the bends.

What happend to jimmy?

found out the rattle today, my tran x gearbox has gone tits up! so ripped it out today and hopefully will be able to fix it! rather it be the box tho then the engine lol

Scrub those tyres in mae, they dont last long on the rear lol

Si#31

Kruiz, a 3 link axle is where you have to bars comming from the axle to the chassis, one on each side and a bar on the top of the axle in the centre, a 4 link is where you have 2 bars on each side and nothing on the top, should make the car more stable going into the bends.

What happend to jimmy?

found out the rattle today, my tran x gearbox has gone tits up! so ripped it out today and hopefully will be able to fix it! rather it be the box tho then the engine lol

Scrub those tyres in mae, they dont last long on the rear lol

Si#31

Ahh will have to check but I think mines is 4 link then, don't recall seeing a centre bar.

Similar story with Jimmy then, only it was the engine, doh! I'll let him ellaborate lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..