Ukdirters F2s Results!

Simon31

Great results for you yesterday m8 was not suprised though as you drove well when i seen you at bristol if it was not for the yellows in the cons at bristol i think you would of had your first win :appl:

ill be down tomoz for stcoulmb will try and have a wonder over m8

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Went to brum tonight for a practice, did about 30 laps approx, roughly lapping 17.1 on a wet track which is good i think.

1 problem though bottom end dropped out so now need another one.

Sponsors wanted

Edited by Jimmy

Debut this Sunday at Buxton for anyone interested...

...although we've just discovered the gearbox has a rattle and the clutch makes a sound like air is leaking when pressed so will have to see whats causing that tomorrow.

Debut this Sunday at Buxton for anyone interested...

...although we've just discovered the gearbox has a rattle and the clutch makes a sound like air is leaking when pressed so will have to see whats causing that tomorrow.

rattle could be a manner of all sorts, clutch when depressed is gonna be thrust race, try it m8 got not a lot to loose, repairing them would mean box out, thrust race i wouldn't replace without replacing clutch at same time, and box well i'd have a look for another 1 :(

Thanks Budge the air leak noise is just the clutch release valve it should be fine and the rattle was just the loose clutch cable rattling against the side of the bellhousing.

So assuming nothing else gives reason for concern I will definately be there on Sunday :) for my sins.. lol

Edited by Kruiz 136

I dont want to sound stupid but whats a clutch release valve? Thrust bearings tend to noisey when you dont have the clutch depressed and go quiet when you do cos they are under load.

Good look Kruiz, hopefully i`ll be there sunday to see how you get on.

Good evening lads, sorry for no updates, but ive been rushed off my trolley for the last mounth or so! with trying to keep the car up and running and keeping the misses happy!

Any way here we go!

Tuesday St Columb WQR 7th July!

with me proberly doing the most laps around this track as i did race there for 6 years before, i felt quite confident going in to this one! How wrong i was!

with 76 f2s at this meeting, i new it was gonna be carnage!

Heat= 8th

Final= 12th (only white top to finish the last ever f2 meeting at this track :).)

Gn= DNS (with taunton the next day i thought it would be wise to sit this one out as i would proberly wreak it lol)

Not a bad night, but sadly only getting 3 WQR points from this one, but made the final so was happy enough! (also 1st time i raced the ledged 218 Rob Speak!)

Wednesday Taunton WQR 8th July!

Not much happend in this one as in the as i slowed up for 830 Andrew Bennet who had diff problems, 38 Dave Polley gave me wack up the rear pretty dam hard lol, which done some damge the motor which left me with a miss all meeting!

With the car still handling crap, we took it up the Jon Hardings (Motorworld) for a setup! and my god has he transformed the car, it will now go round the bends lol! and am lapping .4 quicker round taunton then i was, with still more to come from the car :D.

And also took the car up to SRD for the rolling road just to make sure the engine was still kicking out the same horse power and she was with some minor tweaks from the man himslef!

Taunton Speedweekend 1st and 2nd of Aug!

With the car 10 times better, i just wanted to get used to a car what handled right lol, and get used to the yellow grade,(thanks Jimmy!) didnt get any results, but did manage to break a halfshaft lol! so alot more happier now!

Meetings for the rest of the mounth!

Sunday 8th St Day

Saturday 22nd Brum (any ukdirters come say hi, and i may need a hand if i wreak the car lol)

Sunday 23rd Taunton

Sunday 30th Bristol

Monday 31st Taunton

plus the 2 i already done oon the 1st and 2nd, very very busy mounth!

Sorry for any spelling mistakes! and if Alip has any pics please post them!

Regards

Simon#31

Not a good start to my f2 career, went to scunthorpe last nite full of optimism car running ok in the pits and going to scrutineering, went back to my trailer got ready for ht 1 lined up, the car cut out wudnt start, got push started everythin seemed fine, went on the roller went green, went for second and tried to feed the power on and the car had no guts. Got it back into the pits and guessed the timing was out. We turned dizzy and got it reving loads better and ticking over good then revved it a bit more and we heard a nasty sound from the engine, we thought it mite of been a cam follower for a start so took the rocker cover off to have a look all seemed ok, put it back together fired it up and still the knocking and the oil pressure was a bit low so were thinkin bottom end is poorly lol. great debut lol

Edited by Ironmac_288

Great stuff Si, getting on well now mate hope to see you at Birm perhaps?

Unlucky Iron mate know you were in two minds about going. :(

My debut at Buxton today..

I had an absolutely great day far surpassed what I expected.

I seemed to impress all my family that was there in support of me including, dare I say it, my dad, but he'd never admit it lol.

Nervous as hell, and shaking like a leaf I hauled myself into the cab for practise and it went well! Seemed not far off the pace so was very happy with that.

Did a few practises with all sorts of top drivers and they never caught me over 10 laps or so, (having started behind them) I was thrilled with that so went into the first heat with a bit of confidence and gave it my best. Ended up staying out of trouble for the most part except for one moment when I had to squeeze through the middle of two cars and they closed up as I did it but I got through.

Finished 11th not bad from behind S/S! Over the moon with that to say the least.

Went into the consi with a mindset of I wanted to get stuck in a little more to see what it was like. Fair to say i loved it lol Had a little bumper fight with a white roof and tapeed one or two others loved it.

11th again, so close to qualifying!

GN - going well again made a few punts on a few more drivers but the main incident was a tangle going into the corner 3 wide didn't work good fun trying though! lol

Only issue was a clutch getting worse and worse losing one gear at a time throughout the meeting until the GN I only had 3rd so i couldn't move after I got stuck behind a stopped car and thus couldn't finish the GN.

Even so great day, really enjoyable I loved every single second.

Thanks to my dad, Mart Baker (stock fan 501), Think! Financial Limited, Keith Organ (Quiche addict) and Si Basset #31 and my cousin Matt for all the help making it all possible to come together today. Thanks guys!

Gearbox out next weekend to replace clutch and all being well my next appearance is Birmingham 22nd.

Thanks

Kyle

Well done Kruiz, bit of a shame on your gearbox! when mine went was a rush for time lol, and no worries for the help for the diff!

Anyway i also raced yesterday!

St Day 8th Aug

With the rain pooring down before the meeting, i felt quite confident, as i spoke to Ali p in the pits pre meeting, i said this cold be my meeting lol, yet again how wrong i was! with the car numbers down it was a 2/3rds format with 2 heats a final and a gn (with single points in the final.)

Heat= 9th

Heat=DNF

Final=9th

GN=DNF

Heat1 went all to pot, just couldnt get into the race like i normally can and was just sliding everywhere lol!

Heat 2, i was running high up the places in a top 5 position, went to gain another place and caught the fence which bit, and pulled me in i could get out and ripped the whole of the front corner off!

Final= after racing around like mad to get it out, we did manage to line up with the wheels abit wonkey lol, race wasnt to bad manage to miss all the crashes, so was happy with a 9th

GN= was a bugger lol, was running 5th until the half way stage and makeing good ground, until a red top span on the pit corner and i went to miss him by going wide, then the rest i realy dont no what happend lol, with a puncture, broke axle, snapped shock nad axle bar all damaged! had to go on on the infield!

All in all a poor day for damage! with, a broe wishbone, bottom arm, tracking arm, shock, axle, 2 alloys, axle tie bar, broe the mounth on the fin!

anyway, im sure we will get her fixed up! roll on Brum!

Si#31

Well done Kruiz, you did well on your first time out. You picked a good meeting for your debut with hardly any of the top lads there :)

I`m not sure your problem is your clutch though, more likely the gearbox as the clutch will work or not work regardless of what gear you are in.

Nice one Si, you have a had a great season so far and i hope it contunues for you!

Unlucky Ironmac, my first ever meeting ended up the same way lol Oil presure gauges are pretty cheap on ebay so it shouldnt cost you must and i think you overadvancing the ignition timing might be the cause of you low oil pressure, it happened to us a couple of years ago. Too mcuh advance knocks the big end out in no time :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..