Ukdirters F2s Results!

Simon31

Some of you should watch what your putting about racing at grimley and Brisca meetings

Aye they have been known to kick people out of Brisca for racing at Grimley and after paying nearly £100 for a Brisca licence it`s not worth the risk.

Kruiz, I`ve been told by other drivers that part worn Yoko`s are a waste of money, they just dont grip you would be better off buying a can of softner for you avons than buy used Yoko`s

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh right really? Are they not even worth getting for practising with as a complete newbie lol I've got one new one which I was intending to put on the right rear and fill the rest up with some part worns hopefully with 2mm+ tread left, maybe get one other new one as a spare for the right rear.

I`ve not yet tried the Yoko`s new or part worn after saying to Dave Tagell (blue top No.20) he strongly advised me against it saying they dont have half the grip a new one does. Si seems to be going through his tyres quickly, what your thoughts Si?

Thats ok Jimmy, what i made the thread for :) yea i will be doing brum, northampton very soon once the car is sorted!

Mart, i really cant comment on the tyres as my car is handling right, but from what when ive used warn ones and new ones i have felt no diffrence in the slightest in the dry, but this may change once we finally sort it, im quiet freindly with 105 Ross Rowe and hes a red top and very quick one at that, and he said he just runs his tyres until they are bold, he changes the outside rear every 3 meetings as they wear quite bad, but dont be afraid to flip them around and use the rotation the wrong way as it doesnt make the slightest bit of diffrence!

May have to miss next meeting which im gutted about, as the gearbox was well and truely mashed! only 1st gear is fine so £400 later off tran x and a big dent in the my f2 fund we should be out for the end of the mounth :(

Simon

Shame mate :( There must be a reason the likes of Sworder, Kitson, Ford etc get rid of their tyres once down to 2mm tread but like you say I doubt the difference is such that it will make any difference to me at this stage, every lap I don't hit the fence is a success lol

Ohh and the axle is a 4 link, the car is better than I could ever have expected really, when I was buying, all I was looking for was an F2 that looked fairly neat with an engine in it for hardly any money at all and every time I've learnt something new it seems to be fine lol Can't wait to get out in it again now.

Edited by Kruiz 136

Cheers Si, i`ll be keeping them until they are as bald as me then lol

The 3 link setup you use has never been the best on an f2, f1`s use them on tar cos they get too much grip with a torque arm and dont really use 4 link cos they can use bird cages. The problem with your stup is that the top bar pulls the diff up rather than pushing it down when the rear compresses and looses grip. It`ll be fairly easy for you to add a couple of pickup points on the top of the axle and on the chassis for 4 link or you could go down the torque arm route and have roll steer on the axle but for it to work properly you`ll need a gearbox with the output on the back of the box rather than at the end of the tailshaft.

The 3 link setup you use has never been the best on an f2, f1`s use them on tar cos they get too much grip with a torque arm and dont really use 4 link cos they can use bird cages. The problem with your stup is that the top bar pulls the diff up rather than pushing it down when the rear compresses and looses grip. It`ll be fairly easy for you to add a couple of pickup points on the top of the axle and on the chassis for 4 link or you could go down the torque arm route and have roll steer on the axle but for it to work properly you`ll need a gearbox with the output on the back of the box rather than at the end of the tailshaft.

whoosh

right over my head!

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all, Today raced Taunton, on a very very wet day im sure Ali P would agree, But this was the best meeting for me by far, the 4 link axle has transformed the car! seemed very stable in the wet conditions and i was under control of it at all times.

Results

Heat= 3rd

Final= 8th

GN= 12th ish (not sure lol)

The heat went perfect, was leading half of it but got caught by 2 yellows as i wasnt driveing it hard enough, thoght i had a bigger lead then i did, The final was good aswell, leading most of it again, but got caught by the train and had a good battle with the blue tops, even tho in the GN i had my worst result, it was the race i enjoyed the most, was leading it, until the yellows came out, on the restart i was leading it for another 4-5 laps but drove one bad corner which set me well wide and went back to about 12th, then we had another restart and was giveing the bumper and getting it back, had a great battle with 315 Justin Fisher and 812 Scott Williams :)

So got best in grade and a £65 prize money, due to highest white in the final getting £50 :)

Back keen as ever, and were finally getting somewhere!

Si#31

Another update, Taunton on bank holiday monday, with the bangers for Crasharama, the day didnt start very well with doing about 6 laps praccy, and 29 Chad Harris blew his motor sending oil on to the top corner, i went up the straght and seen about 4 cars in the wall, and i thought "see those muppets getting tangled up in praccy" so i chucked it in the bend and straght on she went lol bending the back bumper and axle bars, must say thanks to 430 Simon Edwards and 891 Darran wade for basiclly fixing it for me as i just watched lol,

Results

Heat= 9th

Consi=6th

Final= 15th

GN= 15th

Heat went ok, was leading a fair bit of the race to just after the half way point, car is a bit pushy in the dry, but we think its down to we are running a heavier spring on the inside so we changed this now. 9th not the best but the car feels alot better to what it was, and the lap times show this!

Consi, wasnt the best was 2nd for most of it but couldnt quite get it right but 6th made sure we was in the final, which is what where hopeing for at the moment!

Final was good, was leading most of it again, but as usual leading the wrong half of the race, had 2 restarts which wasnt good when you see Bradbury, Hooper etc in your mirror lol, held on to 2nd for a while but the pack soon shoved me wide, then when i got going again i gave 812 Scott Williams a shove in to the bend which spun him out and me going into the side of him lol. never mind!

GN= Yet again leading a fair bit of it, but not enough! was a very fast meeting, really hot weather and even with the oil on the track from the bangers it didint slow the racing down!

Got a couple of pics from Darran Foster, Hopefully Ali p got a few, as always very thankfull for his, top quality!

post-243-1243601265.jpg

post-243-1243601392.jpg

post-243-1243601448.jpg

A little love tap in the GN lol

Simon#31

• 3 weeks later...

May aswell update how I'm doing lol

Raced at my 2nd meeting on Friday 12th June, once again at cov. Chose to go off the back again, finished my heat and consi which is what i wanted to do but got a puncture in the GN, car felt good and think I did alright for 2nd time (Don't know if anybody off here went?) lol , according to mylaps my best laptime was better than a few yellows best laptimes so thats a positive.

Still learning about the car and about driving on shale, but its bloody good fun lol

Sticking to shale this season and cov in particular, might do a scunny not sure yet. My next meeting and last meeting off the back( :unsure: ) is on 26th june at cov.

Don't have any pics, my uncle took some but hasn't sent me them yet, there is a pic on BWP though..... http://www.bwplive.com/pics/displayimage.p...m=600&pos=7

:2:

Quick update from me too..

I was planning to to do 26th June Cov too, but my dad can't get time off work (as its a friday) so I wanted to do Barford next Sunday, but I picked up a trailer this weekend that needs some work doing, and an engine that needs building so my next weekend is going to be very busy lol

After that I'm on holiday for a month, so my debut will be Buxton on the 9th of August, probably head down to Birmingham next Wednesday first.

Edited by Kruiz 136

• 2 weeks later...

Just been to Birmingham for the first time tonight for a little practise before I go on holiday, unfortunately all did not go at all to plan, and was exactly that, a little practise! 8 laps to be precise.

The diff seized up after just 8 laps, the final 5 of which are here:

You can hear the diff seize sending me into a pretty rapid spin.. how lucky was I I decided to go to Birmingham last night and this didn't happen at Buxton in a race next month!

One positive to take from it. Although I now need a diff so may not be at Buxton anyway lol

Well went to cov on 26th, went out in my first heat and the track was a bit wet, i struggled a bit but started to get used to it. By the time of the consolation there was a dry racing line and i finished about 13th or something not too sure as transponder wasnt working and no one bothered to tell me lol Went out for the gn and the car felt good I was on the pace and passing a few people which is good, off the front next time although next meeting isnt until aug 14th :(

All in all it was good, no problems with the car and it looked like I was close to the pace.

Sadly bit of a mishap when dad tried to put the car back in the garage.. he forgot the aerofoil was still on :bop: , he says its repairable but Im not so sure haha

cheers

P.S one positive aswell..... I have all my diffs unlike someone... pmsl ;)

Edited by Jimmy

Well Done Jimmy, seem to be takeing to it now :),

Quite a big update from me as i have done 3 meetings since my last update!

First meeting was St Day, where we ran a 2/3rd format, in which i got 2 heats a final and a GN, in the heats!

Heat 1= 10th

Heat 2 = 8th

Final= 8th

GN= 11th

Not a bad meeting, and was leading all of my races for atleast half of the race! Car Still handling crap lol.

Second meeting was Taunton.

Heat= 6th

Final= DNF

Heat went well, car wasnt going to bad, just tried to finish and keep in the points! which i did, the Final wasnt so good lol was running about 8th and on the last lap when 838 Matt Jeffries hit my back wheel and broke the axle and shock, so had to load her up, no GN :(

Third meeting and this was on Sunday, we bite our lip and thought bugger it lets give Bristol ago, after doing some Setup changes, as we have decided to do it on our own now, the car was going fairly well, with a bit more luck and no yellow flags could of got some better results!

Rookies Reward= 9th

Heat=DNF

Consi=8th

Final= DNF

Happy with the day seeings ive never drove the track before, and our setup seemed alot better for me! Thanks to some advice from Speedtech!

Also nice to meet Trav365 :)

Got 1 pic from Bristol thanks to Thunderpix, Maybe Ali P has a few more?

Anyway time to get ready for the 3 WQR :)

Simon#31

post-243-1246411988.jpg

Got 1 pic from Bristol thanks to Thunderpix, Maybe Ali P has a few more?

Whilst I have got a long lens Si, I am afraid that I didnt get any shots of you at Bristol, on account of their fixtures not being on my radar currently, however, if hell was to feeze over... :-)

Anyway time to get ready for the 3 WQR :)

Simon#31

[

Had a meeting yesterday, which was St Day's WQR my first chance to get some WQR points! Practice didnt go best seemed to be off the pace so changed a few things for the heats!

Heat=7th

Final= 6th

GN=DNF

Heat went well considering the amount of drivers and the qaulity, had a mess up on the 1st lap after missing 2nd gear and loosing about 4 places, maybe could of done a bit better if this wasnt the case!

Final, with a big downfall of rain while we was lineing up, meesed the race up big time with most of the cars with warn tyres on, it made it very hard! luckily ive always liked the wet, and got in the lead after starting at the back of the whites by the 1st corner, and just kept pulling away, with quite a big lead, then with 7 laps to go, YELLOW flags which then put Bradbury, Moodie etc right on my rear bumper, on the drop i managed to get away and was leading for another 2 laps until Bradbury made his move, was hopeing for a top four finish, but after a hard hit from Bill Batton who i lapped earler in the race knocked wide and sideways which left me in 6th!

14 WQR Points, Best White Award, and £60 Prize Money!

time for St Columb tommorow!

Simon#31

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..