Ukdirters F2s Results!

Simon31

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Raced at nir today in a new car, i went off the back as i hadnt done any laps in it prior to the heat! was going to do some practice but ran into some problems while changing diff lol

lol pulled off in the heat as was running on 3 because plug lead had come off.

Finished consi and gn and got used to car a bit but it was pushing on but we will have a play about and hopefully it wont for long lol

Next meeting I hope to be at is brum on 17th october, would of been at brum this coming sat but have to work on my dads f1 as have head gaskets to replace lol

only pic i found from catwoman on ftooz so thanks lol

quick update to say plans have changed and i am racing at birmingham this sat.

Also just a lil bit of info on the new car, its an 05 randall i think, maybe 04, and has an 11 meeting old east lincs engine in it, also a shortened(i think lol) tran-x box, so i run a 3.5 diff at most the tracks ill be doing lol

Hoping to get out atleast twice more this year, would like to get in 3 meetings before the end of the season though.

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all, on fidya had a big of a road trip went to Scotland to get my new f2, 21 hours of driving and 1140 miles later she arrived home! ex 176/795 car.

the 2010 machine (even tho im racing her for the last 3 meetings of the year, be rude not to!)

post-243-1254764913.jpg

Lee, for the age of the car and what i had with it, it was very very good price! were gonna keep the same couler as we like it as it is, but we will respray the panels the same blue and it would be rude not to go and see mr samways :)

Edited by Si_231

Probably last one from me this year after a heavy smash in the consolation taking out front and rear suspension steering rack and its mountings, putting the radiator through the fan and pushing the engine back on its mountings, aswell as the undercarriage being bent through the sump! A bit gutted is an understatement!!

The camera packed up during the meeting making some of the data corrupt so this is all I have, a few laps of the heat where I was out front looking good for points place but caution came out and I soon drifted back, probably let them passed a little easy on reflection as the car was going quiet well.

Consolation, well its all in the video..

post-862-1255466827.jpg

Hi francois, yes engine still runs just has a bent, and punctured sump, and mounts, so replace the sump and make new mounts.

Bent radiator and mounts so going to get another radiator and make new mountings.

Bent steering rack, column, and mounts, so new rack, column and make new mounts.

Most of the front suspension arms are bent or snapped, aswell as broken halfshaft, caliper and bent panhard rod so all that needs replacing but thats all commonly broken stuff, still expensive though.

But we're going to strip it down first and roll it over, buy new metal for the undercarriage and remake it as its a mess under there where it hit the kurb.

So yes, it will all fix, but not quickly or cheaply lol

Kyle

I raced on sunday with the new car, it was a wet meeting, and i came into a bit of trouble with this as my wet tyres i used on the rear of my old car wouldnt fit on the randall and i left my front ones on my old car! so had to race the wet with bold tyres! so the car wasnt handling as well as it should.

W+Y Final = 3rd

Heat = 10th

Final = DNF

GN = DNF

W+Y final went well was leading it for a bit but i couldnt keep it tight enough on the bends as had a push (due to tyres), so happy with 3rd, and managed to win 2 yoko tyres!

Heat, 10th, just kept out of trouble and just got some laps in to get the feel for the new car

Final, was doing ok was in the top 5, but a car spun on the top bend and a push from 676 Neil Hooper put me in to the fence which bent a compression strut and put the bumper back to the wheel!

GN, the throttle got stuck open a bit so decided to pull in after a few laps!

All in all i was really happy with the car, if i had better tyres on maybe i would of done alot better! anyway down to St Day on sunday for thir W+Y Final!

Hopefully Ali P will post some pics.

Unlucky Kruiz, instead of fixing it why not come to cornwall and buy my HCD! :)

Simon

Edited by Si_231

Update after brum 17th,... its broke lol.

in the heat i went into the bend hit a white and spun lol leaving me facing wrong way near the fence with 3 wheels on my wagon, (not sure why 1 came off lol) then a few laps later after a few close calls someone puts a blue roof into me then just as the yellows came out a yellow top piled in aswell.

engine and box have moved forward about an inch, engine mounts have twisted and bent forward, cracked the bellhousing, fan gone through the rad, it also bent the torsion bar, smashed the brake disc, broke the halfshaft, broke the caliper and carrier, and bent the steering wheel a bit too lol

Not got any pics yet will try get some at somepoint.

[All in all i was really happy with the car, if i had better tyres on maybe i would of done alot better! anyway down to St Day on sunday for thir W+Y Final!

Hopefully Ali P will post some pics.

Better late than never Si, these are from St Day Sunday

post-34-1255980852.jpg

lil update from meee, bellhousin isnt cracked, was just the mount on top of it that has, thats now off and ready to be welded up. Halfshaft has been replaced, aswell as brake disc and torsion bar, just need a new caliper. sent rad off for repair, now just need a new fan, and also move the engine mounts back/or replace them so that engine/box moves back. Replaced front bumper and back needs a bit of weld here n there.

hoping to do brum on 7th, and maybe hendo on 8th, not sure yet, anyone been round hendo in an f2? lol

post-981-1256653522.jpg

Edited by Jimmy

Hmm might not bother then lol. also I have a shortened tranx box i think and run a 3.5 at brum doin 8000 revs and been told if i stick it in 3rd it will only drop to 7500 so not sure if i would pull too many revs at hendo and possibly go bang lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..