The F1 Dirter - Issue 3

Johno3

Hello Guys,

Here is Issue 3 of The F1 Dirter.

An extra page this week covering a few more issues.

Previous papers are available for download at the top of this forum in the thread called 'The F1 Dirter'.

Cheers

Johno

Issue_3.pdf

Edited by Johno3

Good of you and Admin to take suggestions on board - Great to see - Thanks :thumbs_up:

I agree that after 18 months I should have got used to the server numbers by now, but as you stated the last time that enough cars attended for us to warrent using both servers all night was may 2008, so I guess for me it was just strange to be popping back to chat prior to each race being called and two of them at that!! I will try and be more vigilant in future but adding the .90 or .91 will certainly help.

My suggestion for A Finals would be to like the grid up in "Performance of the night order". front row should contain the consi winners, which would place more emphasis on getting through, then the lowest heat points scorers at the front working back to the highest heat point scorers. This should give a fair reflection of the nights racing. No-one could try and work the grades as you do not know the cut off mark to get through from the heats and anybody leaving it till the consi just to get a front row start is being very brave!!! If the consi is deemed to be an easy route, especially for yellow grade drivers, then place them at the back of the grade. Either way they are on the grid and should be grateful!!!

Great work though guys see you at Sheffield :appl:

I never thought the server thing was an issue -

if you read the MI you can see who is in your heat S/S are easy to remember as theres normally not many of them - if you go in server and there not there perhaps ur in the wrong one ?

i think grids for final works as otherwise you get the guys who will start of back in heats on purpose and then claim the front row for final as the havnt started off front,

deffinatly agree with the above post that should be on that nights racing - lowest to front other than that a great read again johno :)

Why not just Server 90, Server 91? :shrug:

Just to clarify for anyone hwho has not downloaded the newspaper.

I did, and always do this in the MI.

However, the spreadsheet doesnt do it (it actually has our old ones on) so I went with server 1 and 2, aa has been the case for 18 months. No one asked me which server was which, or I would have replied.

But, as I said in the results thread, we ask for feedback, we listen to what people are saying, as we see if we can do something about it. It has been requested that we do this, so do this we will do because as you quite rightly point out, its not something that takes long to do, or long to think about.

Cheers

Johno

You fella's think 2 servers is bad to remember, thinking back to the distant days of 2001 in our first F1 season with the DTRSC mod, as the likes of Trav and Big Al will no doubt testify as they were fortunate enough to be on broadband/cable at the time, we used to use theirs and others' personal servers and would be using up to 4 different servers per meeting! The IP addresses weren't only different in the last two digits either, the whole thing was totally different with most people being on different ISP's in different areas, so it was a case of having to write all of them down on paper to avoid any confusion.

I could go on the reminisce about the state of the art Yahoo! Groups email group we used to use that year but maybe that is best saved for if we have any kind of 10-year memories interviews later in the year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..