RESULTS: Skegness (21/07)

tommyd

Hello All,

First of, Thanks to all whom put up with me when I took a little bit off time sorting the Final and GN out and thanks to everyone who raced. I would also like to apologise to anybody whom it involved over how many qualify from the Semi Final, I can confirm it is the Top 10.

Congratulations to Green for winning the Final and a Top 3 in the Semi Final, Also Congratulations to Mike for winning the Semi Final, MoR on 2nd and everybody else who qualified.

Results:

Heat 1: 115 365 137 236 151 31 380 515 231 525

Heat 2: 185 285 221 290 560 550 256 122 292 1

Heat 3: 315 285 1 292 550 31 465 115 365 300

Heat 4: 525 256 236 137 262 515 249 151 122 290

Semi-Final: 315 137 115 236 221 380 262 290 365 525

A-Final: 115 380 1 122 262 315 236 31 221 560

GN 1: 315 525 1 137 236 122 515 151 560 115

62 pts 115 michael green

61 pts 315 Mike

47 pts 236 DanSkin

42 pts 137 MoR

37 pts 1 Tom D

34 pts 380 Daveyboy

28 pts 262 Harmen

27 pts 122 craigcharles

26 pts 221 Spike

26 pts 525 Mav

14 pts 285 Mav_Jnr

14 pts 31 Skeet

14 pts 290 Dazza

14 pts 365 travel

14 pts 560 Dodge

12 pts 515 Big Al

12 pts 151 Dode

9 pts 256 Hooty

8 pts 185 PickworthNZ

7 pts 550 Lars

6 pts 292 Marco

2 pts 249 stoxjack

2 pts 465 jedd

1 pts 231 Si

1 pts 300 Mattyaspin

0 pts 277 southy

0 pts 8 Tosh - No Show

0 pts 90 LiamB - No Show

Hope to see you all next week where the Second of the World Championship Semi Finals will be contested at Belle Vue, I believe there should be a preview up within the next few days,

Get youselves booked in,

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Johno3

An awful night for me. Finally got my new computer running fine but in every race i crashed out in the early laps and seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Will be glad to get back on shale, tarmac is not my favourite. Plus i should have my new wheel next week so hopefully that should improve things.

WD to the qualifiers for the big race. The battle for the top 3 was great to watch. I seemed to be coping in the top 10 but then got collected by a rejoining car and damaged steering so thought it was best to pull off.

As for the final, sorry if i ruined anyones race - somehow MAV sent me flying into the air and landed on the fence. WD Mav and on your results. I didnt reliase i was causing any issues until i looked in the mirror for the flying cars as they clipped me. I had a good view from there lol.

See you next week.

Enjoyed the meeting, i found it hard to be right on the pace just couldnt get it right all night, sorry i left just before the final but my back was playing up!

In the semi i drive my nuts out getting up to 11th, and was making ground on the pack, but mav jnr was determined to take me out with 3 attempts and the last one worked lol, payback on its way lol!

cya next week!

Simon

Great meeting i thought - thanks for running it Tom - well done Green on the final and a great semi final place.

The semi final race was fantastic - first bend was as rough as I expected, meaning I clattered the armco pretty hard, and then I was put there again next bend by Mike. The race soon settled and I dropped off a bit in the mid-section, but the last 7 or 8 laps were great, with us all swapping places and going into the last bend together. Dan was unlucky with the tyre, and how he made it over the line for 4th with 3 wheels is beyond me. Very pleased with 2nd place - would've liked to win it of course, but it's still my best ever semi result, so very happy :) Well done to Mike and all the other qualifiers! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the world final grid being decided next week - we'll have a full preview of next weeks semi out soon.

MoR

Hello All,

First of, Thanks to all whom put up with me when I took a little bit off time sorting the Final and GN out and thanks to everyone who raced. I would also like to apologise to anybody whom it involved over how many qualify from the Semi Final, I can confirm it is the Top 10.

Tom

lol thanks you Dick :rolleyes: i left well peed off with 9th and i dont normally give a crap what happends i need to sort myself out :o

wd green on the final win and mike with the semi win sorry i didt turn up been workin on tony smiths tarmac car to get it ready for birmingham on saturday 1t time out since world masters , was workin late and totaly for got to book out sorry again.

Liam90

BRING ON THE CONSI SEMI!!! Gonna do it Dribble style :rofl:

Nae luck in the Semi...in the wrong place at the wrong time and got wiped oot during someone else's battle :shrug: That's stock car racing tho, was hoping for the traditional Skeggy pile-up but there weren't enough cars to allow me to sneak a top 10 finish. Final was a bit mental tho, for once my luck held for a top 10 finish...and dirty Dan did the business in the GN, showing me how to get back into the pits without opening the gate :2:

Well what a meeting!!!

Neither Jnr nor I knew what this meeting would hold, but one thing we agreed on was that it would most likely be disasterous for us both and that didn't go down too well with Mrs.Mav!!!

For me practice was important and having obtained a workable setup, I just drove 100's of laps trying to be consistant. This proved invaluable for the meeting. Once we ran the Whites & Yellows (Results missing from the original thread Tom!!) I knew it was way better than I have ever had before and this race set my benchmark. It was great to have Big Al back at white as it gave me someone worthwhile to chase and in most races took me awhile and we fought in true Stock Car Fashion. It felt great to win and set me up nicely for the Heats. First heat I caught Jedd up near the end and was happy in 2nd, but Jedd got it wrong and I went through just as Green took over. I went wide to let Jedd at Green, as I knew he would, but Jedd took me with him into a fence post! Finished 10th. Second heat was great. First time I felt like I was actually racing like the top guys do, and when Hooty took the lead, I decided not to rush in but to follow and see if I was anywhere near at the end. Amazingly I stuck with him and Hooty obviously thought I was going in on him on the last bend and he threw it in. I wasn't going to and kept my line passing him to take the flag. Didn't realise how close Dan was to us as I was only looking forward!! Now I was mega chuffed :king:

Pleased to have been kept apart from Jnr in the heats, which meant we had no previous come the Semi, and with Jnr obtaining two seconds in his heat, it really was game on for the Semi.

Jnr got the better start and was up to 7th early on, but bumpers relegated him back to 10th. He got frustrated and started using his bumper instead of his head, and once I went by he gave up and didn't recover.

I found myself all alone in 10th and circulated with only one scare - Skeet hitting me hard after lapping him - not entirely sure what that was for but no matter. Finished 10th and qualified for my first online rFactor World Final :appl:

In the final, hating all in's!! I was swamped early on and when Hooty spun me, all hell broke loose as I tried to get it back the right way. No sooner than I did, someone else put me round again and several drivers lost out because of this. So my sincere appologies to Southy, Big Al, Jedd and others. Unfortunately it happened again later in the race when Hooty spun and I collected him, again Big Al Sorry :thumbs_down: I finished 20th I think.

GN got off to a flyer and again raced with Big Al, Jedd and Craig. Superb race between us, and for me only spoilt by Mike catching us and getting by - but 2nd was a great result in such a hectic race.

Thought Big Al deserved 4th but was unlucky to be put into a parked car on the last bend by MOR.

Jnr said that the GN made up for the Semi, and really enjoyed the race also.

So my night was almost a repeat of the last Semi-Final meeting at Skegness in 2008. There I won a heat and GN, but failed in the Semi finishing 12th. Not improved much have I!!!!

Some good racing between the lower graders, Big Al, Craig, Jnr, Jedd (when he races fairly) - most enjoyable - Well Done guys :thumbup:

ps Simon #231, Jnr says he returned what was given, but is happy to test your back further at future meetings :rofl:

Congratulations to all of the top 10 for qualifying for the World Final in September. Apologies for any confusion caused, but it is and has been top 10 for the last few years. Fancy confirmation being in the rules though :rofl:

Can I also take this opportunity to thank Tom for race managing the meeting. I know it is very different to any other league in that certain races are gridded and then there are other extra races too. I think he did a great job when you take into account it was his first attempt. Sorry well done Tom and thanks very much.

You will have another special guest race manager next week...... but this guy will be doing it a little more often than just next week I have heard :whistling:

One final thing, the website will be up to date either tomorrow or Monday. I realised on Thursday that I had not updated it from Sheffield either, so apologies for that.

Cheers

Johno

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..