UK Dirt General Suggestion Topic

Kevin

I think it's always been like that Andy, but the World Championships etc etc...are mostly regarded as Heats, therefore the meeting final is the 'final' they put down as they do with the rest of the year. Personally, i think it should stay the meeting final for them all, but if it can be changed to have both it would make it better  042.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance of a new banner for the UKDirt website? AS previously, it was done using 'real life' skins and cars, but how about some pictures of the 'online' racers, from the major championship of each respected mod?

Also, as it's close season...someone 're-doing' the loading pages, as it would be good to modernisze things? I knew JB done them before, would he do more? On the same note, can you not have 5/6 for each mod, instead of looking at the same one constantly?!  042.gif

How about running say like a winter series for formulas such as F1, F2, Saloons...

But rather than say bookin on the site, book in on the forum in a certain thread.

With say a member 'running' the meeting voluntaraily. Get bookings from the thread on the forum, and do the grids etc.

If a different member runs it every few weeks or whatever, it will give them a bit of RM'ing experience, and may entice them to apply for admin positions that arise, rather than being worried about applying because they've no experience, or scared they'll mess up, and therefore not applying.

If the winter series is setup for fun, then there is no pressure on them if they do make a bit of a mistake...

One general suggestion for all leagues.

Move to Heat 1.80

john seeing as you seem to be the pc whizz aroud here can you just explain what the 1.80 and 1.72 patches do as i am a total dummy when it comes to pc's and havent a clue what they do except i know i need them,any chance you can explain what they do and what benefit's if any the 1.80 will do for us.

cheers craig thumbup.gif

The 1.80 patch was made when the Le Mans road course track came out..

Nascar heat had probs with tracks that are a longer length than a "normal" track and the new patch fixed that along with allowing for more textures to be used (might be wrong with the last one) and has allowed the Le Mans track to be made as well as a load of other longer tracks since then.

It also allows the use of cheater traps in road course tracks..(might be wrong with that as well...Wrighty knows more on that one)

There isnt any big reason to go on to it..it doesnt affect the short oval tracks we use I think but it would be a good idea to go on to it to bring us in line with what NH essentials is packed with and would simplify what everyone is installing from scratch imo

Cheers

Grasser#233

Edited by Grasser233

Take away the 2 week free trial, people are still joining up under different names, like last night, but we found out who it was, and the person posted above me in this ^^^^

He isnt smart what so ever tho, leaving clues to who he was, and saying that his trial ended today when it started last week...

Too many people are taking advantage of it.

• 1 month later...

This is going to come across really hard faced but,

1) Think we should reduce the trial from 2 weeks to 1 week, Imo we are getting a lot of new members from the free leagues..this isnt a bad thing but they already know what they are getting beforehand and 1 week would minimise the amount of mickey taking thats going on with the 2 weeks.

2) Think we should also have a render section of the forum, the skinpainting forum is totally diluted now with render threads and its the only time on the net Ive seen an entire sub-section of a forum go off topic rather than just a single post.

Just to clarify, I have no problem with genuine trialists who are new to the game...2 weeks is about right for that but I dont think that the majority of new drivers are totally new to the online leagues.

Cheers

Grasser#233

• 3 weeks later...

Now that there is a section on the website where you can see most of the cars for the various mods, how about putting a credit next to the renders to show who put in all the hard work on each model ??

Yes...................thats my next step.

Im just finding out who created what, so bare with me............LOL

Lo All,

Mine only General Point is the Jolt Rota:Bangers F1 F2 are well catered for but SSc and Brisca Legends are only on jolt on a race night?? Hot Rods(one of the Poorly supported Mods) gets 3 outings a week??

Solution: A New Jolt Rota with the Mods given fair Jolt practice time,SSc could be on a tues in 2 and BL in 2 on a thurs the night before the meets this still leaves Rod sat and weds(alternate).

Crewesader