Steering Wheels

Hey all,

Currently building a new computer although waiting for parts (just like real life racing eh?)...next thing I need to order is steering wheel. When I use to race (around 2014 I retired) I had a Logitech G27 I think - what wheel do people use nowadays? Any to avoid? Not interested in cheap ones. 

Thanks

Southy

Interesting question. I have a G29 which I got back in 2020 - height of COVID.
Not upgraded the wheel base as such but changed the wheel for a GT3 style.

Now have that and, using an adapter, the original wheel but with only a few buttons so I can swap over.

For oval racing I can use the original wheel with bare bones buttons

Intending to stick with that until it breaks... however have purchased a "better" set of pedals.

Not sure what I would go for when that occurs.

I suppose it all depends on the type of usage you are going want it for.

A wheel covered with knobs and buttons is going to be overkill for oval racing, but seems to be the norm for many manufacturers.

Fanatec list over 50 different wheels on their website but only seven wheelbases

23 hours ago, TeeJayRichens said:

Interesting question. I have a G29 which I got back in 2020 - height of COVID.
Not upgraded the wheel base as such but changed the wheel for a GT3 style.

Now have that and, using an adapter, the original wheel but with only a few buttons so I can swap over.

For oval racing I can use the original wheel with bare bones buttons

Intending to stick with that until it breaks... however have purchased a "better" set of pedals.

Not sure what I would go for when that occurs.

I suppose it all depends on the type of usage you are going want it for.

A wheel covered with knobs and buttons is going to be overkill for oval racing, but seems to be the norm for many manufacturers.

Fanatec list over 50 different wheels on their website but only seven wheelbases

Thanks for this. I nearly got a G29 in covid but kept going out of stock and to be fair didn't really have the time. I'll let you know what i go for.

22 hours ago, Kane238 said:

If you still have the G27 then use it, if not then try get hold of one imo. Best wheel there's been and a good price. Wish I still had one but have the G920 now.

Cheers Kane, i unfortunately sold it for baby funds which was one of the reasons I retired aswell as work promotions. I have a mate that has a G923 and said I can borrow it to try. Maybe even for this week if i can get my older PC running fine. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..