Forum Problem

LeeK39

Cunny has asked me to post this for him.

The forum has been working fine for him all day, but he has just tried to get back on the forum but all he gets is the  'This Page Cannot Be Displayed' message.

He has tried using all the different links to the forum but no luck, not even able to view Kevs main page for his Statistics either.

He have gone through deleting cookies and history, run adaware and spybot but still no luck. Even tried turning the Firewall off to see it it was blocking it for some reason but made no difference.

He is able to get on every other site fine as per nomal but when it comes to Kevs site/forum he just gets nothing.

Just got a screenshot of it aswell. Apparently it starts to load then as per the pic below happens.

[attachmentid=4328]

Any ideas????

post-18-1135980911.jpg

Edited by LeeK39

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier i could not get on the forum (or stats site) between 9 and 5, i asked daveyboy, and neither could he, but fbf could...... just some strange goings on i think will be fixed tomorrow lol

Guest crackpot

I've had problems for days on end getting logged in. If I do manage to get on line, as soon as I change forums, I loose connection and can't get back on for hours. Sometimes not even till late on the next day.

Considering the fact the forum has been so quiet over xmas and new year, and yet the forum has still been down an awful lot, are the 'none paying' members still being blamed for the problems on the site ????

shrug.gif  shrug.gif

I've had problems for days on end getting logged in. If I do manage to get on line, as soon as I change forums, I loose connection and can't get back on for hours. Sometimes not even till late on the next day.

Considering the fact the forum has been so quiet over xmas and new year, and yet the forum has still been down an awful lot, are the 'none paying' members still being blamed for the problems on the site ????

shrug.gif  shrug.gif

dont bring that up i don't think anyone has ever said that the "non-paying"member's have caused any problem's with the forum. 10.gif

Guest crackpot

shrug.gif  shrug.gif

dont bring that up i don't think anyone has ever said that the "non-paying"member's have caused any problem's with the forum. 10.gif

Soz, didn't mean it to sound like a dig. I was just meaning to ask the question, did everyone (or should I say 'most people' who made comments in the two 'non payers' threads) see this down time over the xmas period being down to the non paying members posting on the site ? If not, what can be done to help sort the problem out ???

I've re read all the posts in the above mentioned threads, and it does seem as though the none paying members ARE being blamed for the down time, due to un necessary posts etc....but I just can't see it anymore.

It could be down to a whole number of reasons. Let's be honest, there are hundreds of 'hits' from guests, at all times of the days, and members looking here and there at all times too. Maybe a technical fault, or the 'system' isn't reaching full potential after the 'hack' not so long ago.

No one is blaming anyone, and i doubt it's due to 'useless posts'.

Cunny has asked me to post this for him.

The forum has been working fine for him all day, but he has just tried to get back on the forum but all he gets is the  'This Page Cannot Be Displayed' message.

He has tried using all the different links to the forum but no luck, not even able to view Kevs main page for his Statistics either.

He have gone through deleting cookies and history, run adaware and spybot but still no luck. Even tried turning the Firewall off to see it it was blocking it for some reason but made no difference.

He is able to get on every other site fine as per nomal but when it comes to Kevs site/forum he just gets nothing.

Just got a screenshot of it aswell. Apparently it starts to load then as per the pic below happens.

[attachmentid=4328]

Any ideas????

I get this message quite a lot, i couldn't get on the foruam all day today, only in the evening i managed to get on it

shrug.gif  shrug.gif

Soz, didn't mean it to sound like a dig. I was just meaning to ask the question, did everyone (or should I say 'most people' who made comments in the two 'non payers' threads) see this down time over the xmas period being down to the non paying members posting on the site ? If not, what can be done to help sort the problem out ???

I've re read all the posts in the above mentioned threads, and it does seem as though the none paying members ARE being blamed for the down time, due to un necessary posts etc....but I just can't see it anymore.

i know the post your on about and it's im sure nothing to do with that like hack say's it'll just be tech prob's or kev's not working his kid's hard enough to keep the bike wheels turning,i wasn't having a dig either and don't think it has anything to do with non paying member's myself thumbup.gif

Well I am a non paying member but I don't seriously think that it would be the non paying members that would or could be causing the problem.  The message that comes up saying that the site can't be found tells me that its a net kind of issue rather than a forum issue.  But who knows I could be totally wrong.

had problems all day today. kept getting a "page cannot be displayed" error, only just got on it now (6 pm)   I had to hit the refresh key a few times tho!

Same here, I only just got on now. What is going on?

I would guess it's some sort of transit problem depending on which route your isp takes to get here that is why it's ok for some people. I have no access with my normal connection but if I get here via a proxy server it's no problem.

Make a note of    http://www.guardster.com/   and try connecting through their free proxy next time you cant get in.

had problems all day today. kept getting a "page cannot be displayed" error, only just got on it now (6 pm)   I had to hit the refresh key a few times tho!

Same here, I only just got on now. What is going on?

me too, its been down all day for me, normaly come on in the evening....

maybe if you read this thread http://forum.kev149.com/index.php?showtopic=6006 altho it was some time ago i imagine kev is still having a few problems and is on the case

I appreciate what you are saying Dave, But if people post their problems it might get solved easier.

I too haven't been able to connect to the forum all day using Firefox but now I find I can connect using Internet Explorer.

Just tried it with Firefox and its working now

Edited by ciderman22

Ive had problems regarding registration, so I tried to open another account through a secondary email addy that I have. I got a message telling me that the forum/site was currently switching server and that any problems encountered would be due to this.

Mines been fine all the time today smile.gif

Just posting this in case it can help others view the forum or help solve problems the forum is having...if any. Not sure if other members are still having problems viewing this forum but I still am, I have found a way of getting on here eventually.

Quite often now I get a blank page when trying to view this forum, if I disconnect from the internet, then refresh and re-connect... the forum appears. Not always first time but it does eventually. I can only assume it's something to do with my connection showing a different IP address every time I connect. Could this be something to do with the problem? Are any IP Addresses banned which could be causing problems for innocent users?

Maybe the problem lies with my own setup, not sure, but I don't have any problems with any other sites. I use Wanadoo broadband if that helps.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..