new tracks

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i av probs got loads of pics fm olden days arena.. chick probs got loads in his office ifu want sum ill get em... add me murkin_da_track555@hotmail.com

Hi Jack

Im sure NickM is after some pictures, think he got part of the old track finished but was stuck without pictures to finish it, raid the office m8 lol

If you can get alot and scan them i'll give you a few quid for your troubles......as many as possible  smile.gif

Munster.

Edited by Munster

• 2 weeks later...

More wishful thinking than a reality, but what about making a mid 80's version of the old Newton Abbot track, that had a bit of everything.

The pit gate was wire ( great for the bangers), the crowd straight was steel plated, with a nasty little bit that stuck out towards the Newton bend, that, if you clipped it, it would send the rear of your car flying out towards the centre green, both bends where steel plated, the start finish straight/horse track side was post and wire ( for some great wrecking in the bangers) and it had a concrete fig of eight crossover.

They had concrete/stone kerbing around the inside the bends, that if I remember rightly, people used to use to cut the corners, so they ended up part burying tyres, which if you hit, would either send you straight back into oncoming traffic, or would spectacularly launch you in the air and or damage your suspension.

Maybe I should just stop fantasizing and go take some lessons in modeling and try it for myself!

Guest Scrapman53
Any chance someone could make Crimond? It has to be my local track that hasn't been made doesn't it?

How hard would it be to model the sheep and cowpats?

rofl.gif

How hard would it be to model the sheep and cowpats?

rofl.gif

It wouldn't be that hard, someone already did Cowdungbeath. Sorry, Cowdenbeath.

Edited by erik

Yeh  i think there should be a crimond and you dont have to do the sheep cos there never out when theres people going about!!

The sheep are out sometimes, and theres hundreds of them, an Aberdonian's dream!

Yeh  i think there should be a crimond and you dont have to do the sheep cos there never out when theres people going about!!

The sheep are out sometimes, and theres hundreds of them, an Aberdonian's dream!

lol

I discussed about crimond and some ideas about it earlier in this thread I think, but unfortunately time is too precious for the modellers to spen making a track that they do not fully wish to make, be pleased that we have so many wonderful tracks already  appl.gif

cheers

sparky

If you search the internet a bit instead of asking people to make tracks you will see that there are nearly 300 tracks out there for nascar heat to keep you busy.

Before asking about more tracks how many of you actually race the ones we have?

Bloody hell, enough track suggestions to keep us going until we are O.A.P's!

Finishing off the Supra now which is the last car for Bangers which I am doing (I know FBF has some) and then will hopefully be starting a track.

Already had some invaluable help from NickM (Hours of help, literally hours) and from (hope he doesnt mind me saying) James, both of whom have helped me no end into getting in to track modelling.

Here is a pic of what i have done so far, but being very much on a learning curve, it is probably abit basic and rusty round the edges. Not really based on any track at all, just wanted to create something easy, get it in game and working with full knowledge on how to do it be fore i attempt a real life track, which will probably be either St Day or Westworld first (possibly Westworld seeing as its oval with little banking and basic graphics to look at).

The idea of this is if we possibly do go to RFactor, it will hopefully be fairly easy banghead2.gif  to convert the tracks over, so im also thinking of the future aswell

post-178-1135290013.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

great stuff dazza...well done..i know from talking to nick and freddy how difficult it is to make tracks....any chance we could get a test version of your track?maybe call it dazza's banger world ? rofl.gif i have no idea how hard this is to do, but how about making it a wet track? i know we have northampton wet for stock cars,just wondered if it was possible to have a banger track made like that?..only an idea and like i say well done on getting this far.....Mick

great stuff dazza...well done..i know from talking to nick and freddy how difficult it is to make tracks....any chance we could get a test version of your track?maybe call it dazza's banger world ? rofl.gif i have no idea how hard this is to do, but how about making it a wet track? i know we have northampton wet for stock cars,just wondered if it was possible to have a banger track made like that?..only an idea and like i say well done on getting this far.....Mick

Thanks for the kind words.

At the moment im still very much in the learning stage, so possibly be a week or two until i have a track you can 'race' on so to speak. The track is called 'Basic', appropriate i think seeing as thats what it is!

The Wet track is a tricky one. I beleive that it isnt possible to actually make the track wet was such, the only was you can really do this is make the grip levels of the track lower. I know Nick looked into this on the Mod Squad forum as I have read the post! and im sure he had the idea of trying to make the track surface look shiny, although im not sure what Nick and Oleg came up with, the physics part of it went way over my head as i have limited knowledge of what is what on tracks.

Im also currently trying to get 'insides of the cars working, you can see what i mean from the pic. Just trying to make the bangers look abit better if nothing else!

post-178-1136131975.jpg

post-178-1136131982.jpg

surprise.gif

more great work....well impresive dazza....i understand what you mean about making the track look shiney, but i'm sure we could live with it, if you could just lower the grip and call it wet..[easier said, than done i'm sure] i'm just thinking it may offer another challange to drive on as opposed to a "normal" oval track....i personally find milldenhall very difficult to master and smallfield,which are both different to the norm..like i say just an idea,i'm sure whatever you come up with will be excellant...please keep up the good work and i look forward to trying out

....basic, with figure of 8,and a  wet surface ,and a ramp jump,and with marshalls you can run over,and a safty fernce you can launch cars over...tractors to push you off at the end....and dancing girls...a band between races...fireworks display's, an interactive bar you can go in after the race...and tell lies about how good you were.....when you get round to it....[maybe you could bash it up in your lunch break?] rofl.gif

Been messing abit more, not to dis-similar to the other one, but i have learnt alot more with this one, and i think it is better the the other one. The pink in the picture is the catch fence, which is an alpha texture, basically in game you would only get the wire fence (see through like real catch fence) but when rendered Max needs a background (Thanks to hooty for the help on Alpha textures) and think this is the one I will try and get into game first.

Had a few problems with getting the old one into game (thanks to James for the help) But i have got files all over the place, which means my folders need a good tidy up before i attempt that again.

Also need to find my Microsoft Office Disk which has Excel on it, another problem I have stumbled across!

post-178-1136509016.jpg

post-178-1136509022.jpg

Edited by Dazza684

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..