new tracks

I live about 30 minutes drive from aldershot, and my dad used to go to watch there when he was about my age and a little older. he always tells me stories about how great the place was. i personally have never been there, but i might ask him if he will take me up there to see if anything is still left (ill take a camera if we do) thats if there is anything left worth takin a piccy of :(

Hope to see this track online soon, will be truly awsome

and also i didnt know that was how spedewroth started :o but im glad it did!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I live about 30 minutes drive from aldershot, and my dad used to go to watch there when he was about my age and a little older. he always tells me stories about how great the place was. i personally have never been there, but i might ask him if he will take me up there to see if anything is still left (ill take a camera if we do) thats if there is anything left worth takin a piccy of :(

Hope to see this track online soon, will be truly awsome

and also i didnt know that was how spedewroth started :o but im glad it did!

there is nothing left mate there hasnt been for over 10 years now shame but all good things come to an end!

is any 1 gunner make the aldershot track coz i get can pics

Well, Nick (Nick M48) said he was interested in modelling the track if he can get enough pictures.

Maybe you should tell him of yours.

I`ve got a few others but only out of programmes etc.

:2:

Regards Biffo

A few people have been asking me how Westworld is coming on, well here is a pic so they can decide for them selves :042:

I did get further then this, but I wasnt happy with it so I deleted it right back to the basics and built it up from there. There are obviously a few texture problem with it, however what I do is create the bit needed in max, whack any old texture on it just to test and see what it is like in game before texturing it properly.

Hoping to get this released before the end of the season so it is ready for the start of next year if Ukdirt wish to use it.

Cheers

Dazza

post-178-1152793320_thumb.jpg

A few people have been asking me how Westworld is coming on, well here is a pic so they can decide for them selves :042:

I did get further then this, but I wasnt happy with it so I deleted it right back to the basics and built it up from there. There are obviously a few texture problem with it, however what I do is create the bit needed in max, whack any old texture on it just to test and see what it is like in game before texturing it properly.

Hoping to get this released before the end of the season so it is ready for the start of next year if Ukdirt wish to use it.

Cheers

Dazza

Thats looking realy good Dazza, cant wait to have a try around there, atleast I wont have to worry about Kev driving through me drivers door again! :blink::rofl: Edited by mcrew

Thanks to those people that have supplied pictures of Aldershot already but I still need more please before I can start work on modelling it, any pics will be much appreciated.

:thumbs_up: Hi Nick

This is all I`ve got left, hope they`re of some help

[attachmentid=7742] 1. At night under the floodlights.

[attachmentid=7745] 2. Tree lined bottom bend

[attachmentid=7746] 3.Veiw of clubhouse and rain shelters.

[attachmentid=7747] 4. Bottom bend & spectator banking in background.

Foreground sand covered dog track & hare rail.

[attachmentid=7748] 5.Houses behind stadium are in Oxenden road/still there

[attachmentid=7744] 6.Greyhound traps in background.

[attachmentid=7743] 7.Fuzzy shot of the Grandstand, top bend.

The floodlights, as you may have guessed, were swung around the other way when needed for the dog racing track and hang out fairly low from the safety fence at 45 degrees. Did see airbourne car take out a floodlight post here once!

:thumbup:

Best of luck

Biffo

post-997-1153581361_thumb.jpg

post-997-1153581410_thumb.jpg

post-997-1153581441_thumb.jpg

post-997-1153581530_thumb.jpg

post-997-1153581556_thumb.jpg

post-997-1153581583_thumb.jpg

post-997-1153581604_thumb.jpg

Thanks to those people that have supplied pictures of Aldershot already but I still need more please before I can start work on modelling it, any pics will be much appreciated.

:thumbs_up: Last but not least

[attachmentid=7749]

E-bay eat your heart out - It`s not for sale !

:2: Biffo

post-997-1153585425_thumb.jpg

Did colin farely get out ok?? looked pretty badly warped up that motor :P

:rolleyes:

I forgot to mention, Colin Farely, who was Fig.8 Champion at the time, became a victim of this nasty looking "follow in".

However you`ll be glad to know he got away with just a cut hand.

:2:

Regards Biffo

:thumbs_up: Hey Nick

Just found out there`s a place known as www.mhvideos.co.uk which is Martin Hunt Videos

and he`s flogging off some Aldershot DVD`s and Videos such as ;

"Aldershot van Banger Compilation" - Featuring 8 meets 1986 - 1992

"Aldershot A60`s Compilation" - quote; "1897 - 1990" - (Wow Victorian A60`s ??) s/b 1987 - 1990

"Goodbye Aldershot" - 3 hours of that fateful last meeting , November 1992.

Well it`s on my must get hold of list, so I`ll see what I can find.

Things are looking up :thumbup:

Regards Biffo

This is all I`ve got left, hope they`re of some help

Thanks for the pictures and explanations of what is in them :thumbs_up:

Nick, have you got the pic of an aerial view of aldershot? Im sure it was on the last program from the last meeting? Gimme a day or so and il try and find it out and scan it in :coffee:

No I haven't mate, would come in very handy if you can dig it out :thumbs_up:

:thumbs_up: Hey Nick

Just found out there`s a place known as www.mhvideos.co.uk which is Martin Hunt Videos

and he`s flogging off some Aldershot DVD`s and Videos such as ;

"Aldershot van Banger Compilation" - Featuring 8 meets 1986 - 1992

"Aldershot A60`s Compilation" - quote; "1897 - 1990" - (Wow Victorian A60`s ??) s/b 1987 - 1990

"Goodbye Aldershot" - 3 hours of that fateful last meeting , November 1992.

Well it`s on my must get hold of list, so I`ll see what I can find.

Things are looking up :thumbup:

Regards Biffo

They sound great, cheers :thumbs_up:

not being funny but why bother with aldershot there still great tracks to be made that are still inuse today :coffee: ummmmm ringwood springs to mind great track cheers aub

not being funny but why bother with aldershot there still great tracks to be made that are still inuse today :coffee: ummmmm ringwood springs to mind great track cheers aub

Buy one of them DVD's watch how Bangers are ment to be driven then you will cotton on why it's being done.

Did I just praise a Spedeworth track? :scared15:

Lakey

not being funny but why bother with aldershot there still great tracks to be made that are still inuse today

I, for one, would love to be able to race around Newton Abbot again, OK, so it would only be online ( should anyone consider making the track for online use), but its somthing that will never be possible again in real life otherwise. I was never lucky enough to witness Aldershot ' in real life', but I would sure like to have a crack at it online.

Bringing back defunct tracks online would sure bring back alot of memories for those of us that used to visit them, and it would hopefuly allow those unfortunate enough not to visit them, the chance of getting some idea what the places where all about and what made them so magical.

* Mcrew brushes a tear from his eye*.

Can't remember the year then but I think Ernie B won it - it was so bloody hot that day. Got sunburnt legs and struggled to press the pedals to drive back to Oxfordshire

Anyone help out with the year or have any pics? or where to get a video from?

Thanks

Can't remember the year then but I think Ernie B won it - it was so bloody hot that day. Got sunburnt legs and struggled to press the pedals to drive back to Oxfordshire

Anyone help out with the year or have any pics? or where to get a video from?

Thanks

I remember that the track photographer at Newton Abbot used to be a rather flamboyant woman named Wendy Wilkinson, but unfortunately, she never advertised her contact details in any of the old Autospeed programs.

If you contact Crispen at Autospeed, just go on the website and email him, he may be able to help out? ( If he does, please pass on any info :thumbs_up: )

I would love to have some of her photos now, as all Im left with after all the motors I raced there, are three very tattered pics of a crappily prepped Cortina estate that I raced.

I think it would be very nice to see the Jaba Circuit on this game.

First as it's my grandads track and its a 35 year old brisca member aswell.

The best track for the Dutch to get ready for England,the best track for the English 2 beat the Dutch :king::D

IPB Image

IPB Image

Or if some1 could tell me how to make a track il start on it and wont end till im done :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..