new tracks

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it is only 5/10 years brisca Before Spedeworth .. and still there are hanging flags from spedeworth on the race circuit

And its better to do Venray / warneton because they got more visitors then posterholt in history has ....

and they are better tracks ...

Yep, Francois and one day you'll win the Sissystox World Final. I guess you don't even know what a real stock car track looks like.

Venray better, hopefully they will get their scrutineering right next time they've got a big meeting coming up.

Rant over,

Edman.

it is only 5/10 years brisca Before Spedeworth .. and still there are hanging flags from spedeworth on the race circuit

And its better to do Venray / warneton because they got more visitors then posterholt in history has ....

and they are better tracks ...

Yep, Francois and one day you'll win the Sissystox World Final. I guess you don't even know what a real stock car track looks like.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

I Know tracks Take ages To do but im just suggestin

why not do a re-build of buxtonr like u did with bellevue

make it so its easy to follow in like belle vue and stick the

fig of 8 in the middle like it as in real life and maybe for offline meetings

we could have a good kings of peak meeting

And wartopn would be a good track for the metal mania :king:

Here are a couple of links to old racing photos.

1960s Spedeworth This isn't the greatest of sites, but it has some good photos.

Superstox.org.uk's "Classic" galleries You can find some decent pictures here, including a signed Derek Fiske picture.

maybe worth a look nick theres some aldershot pics m8 :thumbs_up:

Edited by Tombo209

Thanks again Biffo, A big thanks must also go to JackR who has supplied me with lots of great pictures, they are going to help me no end :thumbs_up:

[attachmentid=8546]

Sorry to hijack this thread guys, but just spotted this photo and there I am stood in the background. Ahh the memories.

Gonzo

Thanks again Biffo, A big thanks must also go to JackR who has supplied me with lots of great pictures, they are going to help me no end :thumbs_up:

[attachmentid=8546]

Sorry to hijack this thread guys, but just spotted this photo and there I am stood in the background. Ahh the memories.

Gonzo

This one.

Haven't a clue why the saloons were facing the wrong way though.

post-81-1159313784.jpg

Here are a couple of links to old racing photos.

1960s Spedeworth This isn't the greatest of sites, but it has some good photos.

Superstox.org.uk's "Classic" galleries You can find some decent pictures here, including a signed Derek Fiske picture.

maybe worth a look nick theres some aldershot pics m8 :thumbs_up:

Thanks Tombo :thumbs_up:

Gonzo

Cool Gonzo, which one is you then?

Ps. work on this track is still progressing, all be it very slowly at the moment, it's hard to find the time lately.

Hi all, I've been directed here from Stoxnet, where the subject of tracks came up.

Fantastic to see the work being done on modelling Aldershot, great work by all concerned, so thanks for that. If I had known about this before it's possible I could have helped with the photos as my father must have loads, but it could take me ages to get hold of them and then scan them.

Just one point - do you remember the old score board hut that used to stand amongst the bushes on the bank of the tight bend? It would be fantastic if you could include that in the scenery... I can remember as a child hiding behind it, and trying to work out if there was someone in there or not! It got removed at some point, and wasn't there for the last few years of the tracks life.

Cheers!

Hi all, I've been directed here from Stoxnet, where the subject of tracks came up.

Fantastic to see the work being done on modelling Aldershot, great work by all concerned, so thanks for that. If I had known about this before it's possible I could have helped with the photos as my father must have loads, but it could take me ages to get hold of them and then scan them.

Just one point - do you remember the old score board hut that used to stand amongst the bushes on the bank of the tight bend? It would be fantastic if you could include that in the scenery... I can remember as a child hiding behind it, and trying to work out if there was someone in there or not! It got removed at some point, and wasn't there for the last few years of the tracks life.

Cheers!

Thats alright mate it will most likely be a while yet until its finished, tracks take a very long time to make, especially if your trying to get it exactly right so i'm sure your pics will be greatly appraciated if you can get hold of them. :thumbs_up:

:042: Glad someone else remembers the old score board at the far end at Aldershot.

Nick is recreating the track with the aid of all the photos and bits and bobs we`ve all sent in.

I did send him a photo with half the score board in the background but dont remember just when it went.

Although it was mainly used for the greyhound racing it was pretty useful for following a race as it showed the first six places as well as Race and laps numbers.

I think it disappeared around 1980`s so may not get included ?

We all await the magic day when Aldershot Stadium is raced around again, thanks to Nick.

:appl::appl:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I know alot of you have already sent me all of the pictures you have but I really still need more, I'm working my way around the track modelling the trackside scenery but I'm finding it hard to see what there was around the tight end of the track if any of you have contacts that might have pictures, please could you ask them, I want to get the track as accurate as I can, within the limits of heat of course.

[attachmentid=10076]

post-113-1160901777.jpg

hiya nick thats looking really good just watch goodbye aldershot on video today and the tracks looking great one thing is its a lil too tidy :rofl: and are you gonna put the fig 8 in as i think it should be there :shrug: maybe if anyone has goodbye aldershot on dvd they could "lend" it to nick? ive only borrowed the video so i cant do anything but on it theres a good few shots of all the track!

cheers rodder

WOW Nick, that overhead shot looks spot on mate, very nice!! :appl:

I don't know whether it's been asked on here before as I have only just read this thread and the last few pages but.......

is it possible within the limitations of Heat to contruct the dummy posts that they used to have at Aldershot? If you have ever watched any of the old Doral Havoc videos you will know what I mean, but if you haven't they were posts that looked like normal posts in the fence but werent attached to the floor so used to flex back when hit and allowed the car to run along the fence nicely into the next secure post along! Quite what their purpose was I'm not really sure :shrug:

Keep up the good work Nick :thumbs_up:

Cheers

Andy

Guest Scrapman53

Mark Chipling was followed in by Kevin Shin in the Saloons and it cut through the rollcage. He was a lucky man as it stopped just in time!

Track is looking awesome Nick. Should be a blast in the bangers and Saloons :thumbup: . Pick a post Budge. :rofl:

Edited by Scrapman53

Anyone at Newtongrange when my cousin (Stephen Henderson Ministock#46) got put under the ropes at the pit bend and the top rope sliced the first half of the roof right up the way narrowly missing his head. Think it was around 1983. I was even born, i have only seen the videos.

Either way they hammered it back down in the pits with a sledgehammer and he won the final, fencing the guy in the process.

Edited by Allan268

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nogg235

This is all great stuff but there is only one track that i would love to see and thats Ringwood Raceway. By the way has anyone got any pictures giving a view of the whole track of Ringwood?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..