BH2005 - Unofficial Skinpack

MoR137

Hi All  042.gif

Just thought I'd leave the other thread to drift away and start a proper one to follow the development of the unofficial skinpack i have planned. If you missed the previous thread, here is what I said about the skinpack:

After getting the go ahead from AndyG, i have decided to create an unofficial skinpack for BH2005. In this skinpack (which will be released early july, no promises though) will be selection of between 5 and 10 new skins for the game, painted by myself, and some painters that shall remain nameless unless they wish otherwise  rolleyes.gif . I can confirm that some of the skins already produced for this skinpack by the other skinpainters are look absolutely top notch, so hopefully we can make this a worthwhile download. No current skins in bh2005 will be overwrited or updated, they will all be of different drivers.

So far i have about 6 skins, 3 are from myself and 3 are from Maverick..... I'm sure he will repost pictures of the ones that are to be included, his work is absolutely top notch!

The three skins which i have done so far consist of Tom Harris #84, Chris Bonner #105 and Mark Gilbank #21. Below are pictures of the cars (I hope lol).

[attachmentid=2320]

[attachmentid=2319]

[attachmentid=2318]

As always constructive critism and any other comments are welcome  thumbup.gif

Cheers MoR

post-9-1118865856_thumb.jpg

post-9-1118866004_thumb.jpg

post-9-1118866047_thumb.jpg

Edited by MoR137

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[attachmentid=2322]

[attachmentid=2323]

[attachmentid=2324]

Currently working on 2 more cars with a third if I can master the signwriting !!!

2.gif

post-37-1118870015_thumb.jpg

post-37-1118870044_thumb.jpg

post-37-1118870080_thumb.jpg

Sparky t'hat's one hell of a tough skin to paint the 305 shale car, maybe paint the new  490 car as well? (just winding you up before you start replying on this one again, lol)

The idea with Brisca Heat 2005 was/is to have about only 1 car per driver in the game. This to give the game as much variation in drivers as possible. I know that there are a few drivers in Brisca Heat 2005 that have 2 skins in the game but we have limited it.

Therefor I would like to advice you (you as in those who are creating the update) to submit only 1 car per driver. so painting another 305 car wouldn't be a very good ide, or it would need to replace the 305 car from last year. But that's something that needs talking about imo.

Good luck to those that are painting the real life cars. I hope that the standard of the skins can be kept high. Keep looking at the skins with a critical constructive eye and am sure the result will be good.

Brisca Heat is for a lot of people the 1st thing they download/hear about when they want to get a Stockcar F1 game for their computer. Nothing more depressing when having the game and it's not what you had hoped for (i.e. crappy cars with crappy skins).

Keep up the good work guys

Dragon

Edited by Dragon 428

I actually got bored an started trying tp paint this one. If someone could get me good pics of the 494? car is it. I would have a bash at painting that one.

cheers

sparky

ps. Dragon would you maybe finish off the falding machine so that we can get that in game. There is already a template for it. It's just so that it can be included in bh and ukdirt. plus you could paint the skin if you wanted;)

post-103-1118924135.jpg

ps. Dragon would you maybe finish off the falding machine so that we can get that in game. There is already a template for it. It's just so that it can be included in bh and ukdirt. plus you could paint the skin if you wanted;)

20818[/snapback]

No, not going to finnish that one. Even if it would get finnished I don't think it would be part of the game. The Falding tarmac car doesn't add anything to the game. yes another chassis but it itsn't particulary different then for instance the BriscaN car. Paint the skin on a BriscaN chassis and you got the car ready. Only thing missing is the front wing but that's not a big problem.

If a new car would be added then 1st there need to be thought of which other car should leave the game and secondly the new car for the game should differ from the "normal" cars that are already out there.

As you might know we have now reached the maximum limit on .car files that can be used in Brisca Heat 2005. We have already deleted 2 old .car files so that the new BriscaN and BriscaNS cars could be included.

It does differ from the other cars in the game. It has a different style of nerf rails. It is different bonnet and other things. Plus there is no falding tar car in the game:S Which not to have the world champ in the game is in my opinion a crime lol. I have another chassis which needs done. Now you can't say that isn't very special and unique king.gif

cheers

sparky

post-103-1118926098.jpg

post-103-1118926158_thumb.jpg

It does differ from the other cars in the game. It has a different style of nerf rails. It is different bonnet and other things

20824[/snapback]

If you go that route Sparky, then you can better build about each car that is out there as they all have differences. Look at it in the larger picture and you'll se that the general lay-out from the Falding car is more or less the same then cars that we have in the game already. Why you think the 434 and 152 cars are painted on the FWJT chassis? Have a look at what MOR does with the 21 car. I think it's a good skin on the right chassis. Yes the real life car doesn't have the sidepods but everyone who sees the car recognises it as the 21 car and that's what it is about

Dragon

p.s. oh about that model, a vacuüm cleaner wont add anything to the game m8

Edited by Dragon 428

Blimey, bit of a shock all these posts when i got back.

First up, as you can see the dutch car Mav painted above (on FWJ2000T) probably won't make the game, we was going to ask you about the possible inclusion of the chassis Dragon, but i forgot about the car limit (the limit being something that can be overlooked with max 22 cars on track when racing online, but not when people use 45 cars offline lol), so sorry mav, but i think you was prepared for that answer when we've talked about it before already.

Secondly, thanks for the comments all those that have, as always it makes the work more worthwhile and inspires me to continue this project further. And thanks for the posts here Dragon, i always get something new out of each paint related post.

And lastly, just a few tips for the skin above sparky. Forgive me if they seem a little indepth, i am by no means a master at painting or anything of the sort, i just hope these tips will help. The colours look preety much spot on, though i can't help to notice the flickering siderails. Leaskie told me how to cure this, and it works a treat........ on the template colour the relevent edge the same colour as the chassis (experimenting is the best way to sort this).

[attachmentid=2345]

Also, i notice the numbers are quite far off the really thing, they are actaully alot more square. Personally I've ditched fonts altogther for large pieces of signwriting (i only use them for smaller details like phone numbers, where to an extent it is not necessary to keep them perfect to the photo). I just find decent photos and simply trace the outline of the letters with the freehand tool, and then floodfill each one a simple colour, add outlines, colours and effects then put it onto the template. Stick with it Sparky and if its close enough I'll definately consider adding it to the skinpack.

Hope this helps.....

Cheers MoR

post-9-1118936869.jpg

don't know if its a good idea and if its possible....but can't u make 2 briscaheat games? 1 for tarmac cars and 1 for shale cars!! alot more cars can added to the game then and also 2 skins per driver. Most important of all: u got the right surface based car car on the right surface, so dunno if its possible but i think its a good thing to have 2 icons on ur desktop to race at the surface u prefer.

Guest Scrapman53

If you want to do it yourself, just copy your briscaheat2005 folder to my docs, rename it as briscaheat2005shale, then copy it back to your Nascar Heat folder and take out the tar cars.  thumbs_up.gif

If you want to do it yourself, just copy your briscaheat2005 folder to my docs, rename it as briscaheat2005shale, then copy it back to your Nascar Heat folder and take out the tar cars.  thumbs_up.gif

20912[/snapback]

thanks scrapman but i did know that already. i meant it the way that then more cars can put in the game and ppl who not get that much experience as us ukdirters can change the cars easily. maybe something as in the banger game with a car maneger is a option for f1 shale/tarmac ??

Hi All Mor is having PC probs and asked me to post this for him

"My PC has died so have possibley lost the three skins that I did, if it is a harddrive issue. Hopefully be back soon, but if i can't get anything sorted in the short term then I'll have to ask someone else to take over the skinpack for me. Fingers crossed the HD is ok...... Hopefully cya soon.

Cheers MoR"

• 3 weeks later...

Been bored lately, and even tho I said to MOR at Cov that I wouldn't attempt anymore skins until we knew which way his computer went, I was tempted by this car.

Its Work in Progress because I have yet to find out what is on the bonnet of the car and also need to do a bit more work on the numbers on the side of the car. So until I see the car again or find some really decent pics of the car, this is how it will remain.

2.gif

post-37-1120915867_thumb.jpg

Hi All....

First up, a big thank you to all those who have helped me via email whilst my computer has been down in the dumps!

Secondly, awesome skins mav, wasnt sure how either would look when we previosuly discussed them, but the lenny smith car looks extremely close on that chassis and the james lund looks awesome too, I like what you done to the sidepods  thumbup.gif

And finally, got some good news, the three skins posted above by me have in fact been saved, and i will be backing them up asap! Piece of advice, back up your work so you dont panic like i did lol!

I've got alot of install on the pc yet, but will hopefully get my act together by saturday and start arranging the creation of this skinpack/more skins!

Cheers MoR

Hi All,

As promised, i've tried to get my act together regarding the BH Unofficial Skinpack. I have decided not to place a release date on the skinpack as this can only lead to disapointment, and i want to create a worthwhile skinpack with as many skins as possible, at the highest level of quality possible.

Skins confirmed for inclusion in the skinpack are as followed:

#84 Tom Harris

#105 Chris Bonner

#21 Mark Gilbank

#172 Micky Randall

#H540 Job Honderd

#185 Lenny Smith

#153 James Lund

#107 Lee Robinson

#259 Paul Hines

#507 Neil Smith

#16 Matt Newson

#303 Roger Mitchell

I obviously want to include more skins than those above, so I'd like to ask if anyone has any suggestions as to what skins they would like to see in the pack. However, they must:

- be a 2005 paintjob

- fit closely with one of the chassis in the game

- not be of a driver already in the game

Any suggestions before 11am tomorrow will be extremly helpful, as i plan to take my camera to the euro, hopefully the battery holds out for it and the girlfriend is paitient enough!!

Cheers MoR

PS - Sparky are you still doing the 484 skin, if not i'll do it as there's some super photos of it on Stoxnet.

Edited by MoR137

List of comfirmed cars for the game updated with one new entry (above), a skin painted by myself, started today, will be finished once i can get a decent shot of the backpanel.

Cheers MoR

PS - Sparky, not making an promises on release dates yet, but if you could get the 484 skin done by the end of July that would be great please. If for any reason you don't want to do it anymore, let me know, but hopefully you will carry on......

End of july is pushing it a bit mate. I am struggling to read certain parts on the car, If i could read the,m and maybe get some good pictures of certain signs, then it could be finished quicker. Real life skins take time m8. I'll let you know when it's finished  king.gif . Just remember how long the 335 skin took you;)

cheers

sparky

Hi Sparky

Click Here for ever angle of the car you could ever need, click on the desired picture, then click on it again and they are of decent size and quality (about 1000 pixels or more dimensions wise each way, i bet), so i don't think any signs are un-readble....... if they are let me know which ones and i'll try and find out asap.

And i know real life skins take time, i might be pushing you a little hard, maybe becuase I'm starting to get used to them and they aren't taking me as long. Admittingly, the Mark Woodhull skin took a year to do, but you've to remember, i started it about 2 weeks after getting psp and it went through many different incarnations until it got in the game.

I reckon if you could do a panel a day on the 484 car you'll have it done in no time, esspecially with such good pictures as that. And you could even have a days break between each  thumbup.gif Just try your hardest, and if you need hand, give me a bell.

Just want to get this skinpack out soon, because it was originally planned for beginning of this month..... and the Tom Harris skin is already out of date because he never uses that car anymore! Hope you understand, and i hope the pictures help!

Cheers MoR

Hi All,

Lee Robinson skin now completed, bit of a teaser picture posted below  thumbup.gif

Two more cars added to the list above, though only 90% confirmed!

Cheers MoR

post-9-1122119791.jpg

Great skins, really looking forward to downloading them.

After a request from my nephew I have been working on this skin for the last couple of weeks. It's not the best paintjob ever and my skills are sadly lacking but if you want to add it to the skinpack then let me know.

post-157-1122394873.jpg

post-157-1122394889.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..