BH2005 - Unofficial Skinpack

MoR137

One that won't be making it into BH2005, as I was attempting something that proved beyond my painting skills - An exceptional car in real life needed an exceptional skin for online but alas  shrug.gif

Anyway here is my version of the car  thumbs_up.gif

[attachmentid=2758]

post-37-1122751419_thumb.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Progress with cars is going superbly at the moment, slow as ever but getting there. Hopefully shouldn't take too long to finish the skinpack now, though I'm not promising anything. Just been discussing renders with H33 and he has come up with this idea, which i think is superb, and I'm sure you will agree. Hopefully be able to get all the cars done like this, as long as you lot don't request so many renders off him that his pc dies!  rofl.gif

Downloaded the installer program about a week ago and have been getting to know how it works and what possibilities are available, so hopefully have a neatish installer too!

Well, here's the render. Many thanks to H33.

Cheers MoR

PS - Yes, i've changed the shade of blue on the 107 car!

PPS - List of confirmed skins now updated.

post-9-1122760243_thumb.jpg

Edited by MoR137

Hi

Just completed another one! This one is of the extremely smart Neil Smith F1 that i believe has never raced? This was requested by his mechanic, known to us Ukdirt racers as neil507.

I knew the car was already done for online use by JB, and he kindly sent me the psd's for it. I had planned to convert it to the briscan chassis, but the proportions on the real car were closer to the fwjt. There were numourous changes to be made to make it look like the real thing (ie, remove ukdirt related decals) and i added many small things that contribute to making a fairly accurate real life skin, manely highlights on the latters and thicker outlines. I also darkened the colours on the body and sidepods and added the sparkle effect on the numbers (which is a really fine pavement texture with a chrome finish, which was then dulled down for the foil look! Surprised it worked!).

Big thanks to JB for provoising his original version, wouldn't have got anywhere with out it, and cheers to H33 for the render.

Other progress; I've upgraded the Tom Harris skin to red, as i noticed he's back up there this month in 15th position. Paul Hines skin is 60% done.

Cheers MoR

post-9-1122838132_thumb.jpg

Brilliant stuff lads .. keep up the excellent work .. top job  thumbup.gif

Here are 2 more renders btw from the Willie Peeters car, (nice job Mav)ive

added an extra detail to it ..  (thanks to Pedz btw for that as he gave me

the picture so that i could make those wheels for it, cheers m8)

Cheers

Mark

post-101-1122890144_thumb.jpg

post-101-1122890428_thumb.jpg

List updated, I'm sure our mystery skin painter will post a picture later  thumbup.gif

Hi, Here is my "mystery"  wink.gif skin that I've been working on for last couple of weeks,

The ex John Lund 2 time world final winning car of Roger Mitchell#303.

I did spend a while on this tbh, A lot of it is done by hand either by using the tracing technique or totally from scratch which, in my case, does take up a lot of time. I decided to do this car basically because there is an existing chassis in the game and that makes it a lot easier to do with this one being my first proper go at a real skin, also there is only one skin in there which uses that chassis and I thought a bit of variety might be a good idea.

I might do another one i think, but that would depend on the time factor of getting this pack out as I wouldnt want to rush it.

A pic is attached, along with some excellent renders from H33 so many thanks for that.

[attachmentid=2824]

[attachmentid=2825]

[attachmentid=2826]

Thanks also to whoever posted the pics in the montage on stoxnet, I've had them so long that Ive forgot who posted them so thanks if it was you  wink.gif

Cheers

Grasser#233

post-42-1123103716_thumb.jpg

post-42-1123103815_thumb.jpg

post-42-1123103877_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

Excuse me for spamming not long after my last post, i just thought this would be better off a seperate post as this will confirm all of the details of the skinpack.

Right, the deadline i am setting for skins to be in for is for Wednesday 17th August. Hopefully you can find the time to do a second skin Grasser, but like you say it would be a shame to rush it. Sparky, if you don't get the 484 skin in by then, it won't be included, i can't wait around much longer there has been plenty of time, like i say some skins are already gradually going out of date.

I can confirm that the release date for the skinpack will be Friday 19th August.

Skins confirmed for the skinpack are as followed:

#16 Matt Newson (Painted by Darren Watson)

#21 Mark Gilbank (Painted by myself, Craig Taylor)

#H24 Willie Peters (Painted by Paul Broderick, aka Maverick)

#84 Tom Harris (Painted by myself, Craig Taylor)

#105 Chris Bonner (Painted by myself, Craig Taylor)

#107 Lee Robinson (Painted by myself, Craig Taylor)

#172 Micky Randall (Painted by Paul Broderick, aka Maverick)

#153 James Lund (Painted by Paul Broderick, aka Maverick)

#185 Lenny Smith (Painted by Paul Broderick, aka Maverick)

#259 Paul Hines (Painted by myself, Craig Taylor)

#303 Roger Mitchell (Painted by Andy Oakley, aka Grasser)

#507 Neil Smith (Painted by myself, Craig Taylor)

#H540 Job Honderd (Painted by Paul Broderick, aka Maverick)

Hopefully this will get alot of downloads as hours and hours of work have gone into this from myself, maverick, grasser and darren, and many other people who have helped along the way, from those who don't know it (photographers lol) and people who have helped with decals and renders, all of who will be credited in the installation pack.

Cheers MoR

Edited by MoR137

Just to add :-

The following cars painted by myself will not be included because :-

1) H12 - No chassis similar to real car

2) H64 - FWJ2000T chassis not in BH2005

3) 180 - Skin is not becoming of the real car.

I have no problem with these not being included, it was a pleasure to paint all the cars. Thanks for your comments on the ones I have done and enjoy the download  thumbup.gif

Think its a real shame if those skins arent getting used as they

are really nice. Isnt there an option to include the fwj2000t.car file

to the install pack?? Then the problem is solved right ??

cheers

Mark

Think its a real shame if those skins arent getting used as they

are really nice. Isnt there an option to include the fwj2000t.car file

to the install pack?? Then the problem is solved right ??

cheers

Mark

25437[/snapback]

Im afarid not mark, there is a chassis limit for BH. Its a shame i know.

Cheers MoR

i´m really wondering what i have done with my BH cause i now got the H12 car on its FW2000T chassis in the game.

This i once copied all chassis in the file. So i got 30 chassis in this file. Why does it work or maybe what is not working what i´m not doing recognice??

i´m really wondering what i have done with my BH cause i now got the H12 car on its FW2000T chassis in the game.

This i once copied all chassis in the file. So i got 30 chassis in this file. Why does it work or maybe what is not working what i´m not doing recognice??

25470[/snapback]

True .. ive also added the fwj2000t and fwj2000s to bh2005 and ive also added

the old brisca chassis to it for some dutch cars i still want to use and everything

is working allright. So ive got the same question as psyko .. what isnt working

what i dont recognise ??

Cheers

Mark

yup done that .. 34 cars in field and everything works like it

used to ..

25487[/snapback]

But are there 24 different chassis's in use during that race?

I would have though the best way to test it is to generate a drivers.txt with 24 cars in each on a different chassis then run a race to see if it crashes?

Hi

Right, just to clarify what both myself and Dragon have said, here's why we can't include anymore chassis in the game.

If there are more 24 different chassis on track at one time, the game crashes. In the picture posted above, the cars that were randomly selected were not spread out over 24 chassis, they were spread out over less. This is purely luck of the draw, the next race for example could have all 24 chassis in, thus crashing the game. Yes it would be quite a rare occurance, but imagine the confusion if you did not have the knowledge of why the game had crashed, or access to this forum to find out?

This chassis limit does not effect us online, because only 22 players can really get in jolt at one time, and due to tar/shale chassis rules, chances of everyone running different chassis are extremly low.

Hope this clears it up.

Cheers MoR

Hi,

Completed work on Paul Hines 259 skin....

Cheers MoR

post-9-1123246467.jpg

you can just make

a: 2 or 3 driver txt files

b: give the fwj2000t drivers in the txt such a high rank that it will never clash

if it wont come in the official skinpack, can there be some dodgy unnoficial one somewhere  rolleyes.gif

ps: all superb!!!! skins btw

Edited by misterbreg364

i race bh nearly every day 3-5 times and NEVER got a chrash. Have these chrashes been reported? Or maybe is the computer that tricky to don´t choose a car that got the 25th different chassis?

BTW i already had made races with about 10-12 different drivers as i was testing different chassis and cuase i like this most.... i´m driving with full grid of 43 Drivers each race.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..