NZ stockcar

Dragon 428

Having done some wodel work the last couple of days and came up with this.

This is the 1st of 3 versions that will be made.

1st= with wing as shown

2nd= with wing plate (Andy Webb 247 style)

3rd= without wing

That way I can keep the same template and dont need to do a lot of extra work on modeling the other 2 models.

The physics are almost the same as the shale physics from the Asmith, Briscans cars with the difference that the rear wheels tracking has been narrowed so they would fit between the chassis and wheels gards.

A few more renders are in my galery page

Dragon

post-96-1104933931_thumb.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking of bringing these cars out in a new mod.

There will only be 3 skins in it thought as I am not fussed with painting a dozen real life skins or more. I think the game should be used by people with custom skins for it (see it as the UK Dirt style and not the Brisca Heat 2005 style).

But what I need to know from you is: are you interested in it? Therefor I'd like to know if you like the idea of a NZ stockcar mod. I think I can say that the people that have already replied are up for it, but are they up for it without real life skins in it?

Drop a reply here if you like the idea. That way I can start putting the mod together.

Dragon

I am thinking of bringing these cars out in a new mod.

There will only be 3 skins in it thought as I am not fussed with painting a dozen real life skins or more. I think the game should be used by people with custom skins for it (see it as the UK Dirt style and not the Brisca Heat 2005 style).

But what I need to know from you is: are you interested in it? Therefor I'd like to know if you like the idea of a NZ stockcar mod. I think I can say that the people that have already replied are up for it, but are they up for it without real life skins in it?

Drop a reply here if you like the idea. That way I can start putting the mod together.

Dragon

2611[/snapback]

I think it would be fun having these as a league.... lets do it.......

Sarah's worried she wont see me till xmas....

Roy scared15.gif

I would love it to have a nz stock car ukdirt mod. I think for our benefit we could make the mod with custom skins in it. Like we could get a whole load of custom peoples skins to make up the game and we could run a league??

cheers

sparky

ps. Any chance of posting up the template drag so we could all have a bash at painting one ourself.

cheers

sparky

Looks Stunning Dragon

One thing i would say, is what day will this new mod be run if there was a league for it?

However, i had a little thought before, would be nice to have a few 'overseas' visits in the UKDirt F1 season...... like a NZ championship or something in the new cars? Just a thought, more for the novelty value lol!

Cheers MoR

You guys seen the reports on rollingstart! from the new zealand stock car champs?? Wainman taken out 2 laps away from nz title. Great driving until block tactics got a hold of him. Would be nice to maybe have an NZ heat and NZ champs in ukdirt. Winner could race the nz heat mod wiht the number 1NZ. Just to add that little bit of speciality to the prize. Is it possible to make the car compatible to use in ukdirt:P. We could use it against the other brisca cars lol.

cheers

sparky

Stunning Stuff Dragon appl.gif

I think your idea of a ukdirt style nzheat would go down well especially as the guy doing NZHeat has taken nearly 2 years so far and isnt immenient either if you want to contact the guy doing it PM myself or spike as i remember we have both asked him whats happening with it.

Would be nice to maybe have an NZ heat and NZ champs in ukdirt.

If your thinking of having a UK v NZ then you ave no chance sparky if you remember matty was on here talking about a few months ago and there was a team assembled for uk alas the NZ peeps didnt take kindly to using nascar heat if you look here http://p210.ezboard.com/fkiwidtrscfrm1.sho...icID=1506.topic then you will see the reaction it got.

Edited by DaveW329

Aye excellent work Dragon...... just a little niggle though, don't know if its fixable, but where is the shadow underneath the car? Kinda looks like its floating at the moment?

Just a little thought lol.....

Cheers MoR

Guest Scrapman53

I'd be up for a bash in these, should be fun.

Dragon. You mention the physics being much the same as the other cars you've built.

Does this mean they'll have the same power? I think the NZ cars are 240 ci, so I think they should be a tad slower than the cars we use for f1s.

Just an Idea. thumbs_up.gif

I'd be up for a bash in these, should be fun.

Dragon. You mention the physics being much the same as the other cars you've built.

Does this mean they'll have the same power? I think the NZ cars are 240 ci, so I think they should be a tad slower than the cars we use for f1s.

Just an Idea.  thumbs_up.gif

2677[/snapback]

Yes the physics remain more or less the same then the other cars. I know what youre saying with the 240 ci. That would indeed mean that they have to be slower then the cars we have now. I have discussed this with AndyG as to what to do with the physics. He mentioned giving the car more weight. I have tried to give it more weight but it didn't do the car handling any good (car was too slow accelerating and hard to brake). The car became too slow.

We agreed that the whole idea of these cars is the fun factor and not the spot on realism of the cars in weight and power. Therefor I think the current F1 physics are well suited to have this fun factor as I think they are spot on. I have also thought of adding renewed shale physics to it, but didn't do it because of the fun factor.

So yes I have looked into it and tried it but it didn't give the result required.

Dragon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..