track alterations

this is about cowdenbeath track.

i think it should be re-modelled so the armco on the inside of the track doesnt come right to the edge of the inside of the corner.  most tracks have a bit of a curb on the inside, gives you a little bit of a run-off if you oversteer too much. but i found in the rods especially because of the speed if you lose the back end slightly and your only just on the inside you hit the barrier and wreck the suspension.

any thoughts?

Agree that Cowdenbeath is not the best track in the game - but for different reasons - the actual layout of the track, is quite similar to how it is in real life, i'm more concerned about the smoothness of the track, and the lengths of the straights - Also, I'm not to sure, but think it would require a lot of work in order for it to be re-modelled.

Though, if someone is willing to do it, and do it well, i'm for it, but I think for the time being anyway, we have to make do.

Edited by Kev152

Can we also have all the grip levels increased so I can drive flat out all the way round all the circuits, it's really so difficult having to slow down for the corners. rolleyes.gif

I've looked into the possiblility of moddeling tracks and oh my god it looks rediculously hard to do.  There are various sites out there, the main one being the mod squad which has a forum about track modding but these guys are very skilled and have more time on their hands than i do.

Its not just making a simple tweak here and there, the whole track would need to be re-done which would involve hours and hours worth of work and testing.

Personally unless people like NickM or BigBen(as an example)would want to even consider adding to there already rediculous amount of track requests on this forum then i don't think we've got much of a choice.

It's a huge  thumbs_up.gif  from me for the work that the track moddelers have done to make the tracks as lifelike as possible and also the sheer amount of choice of tracks/mods that we have anyways.

im not saying i dont like the track because i went well in a rod round there, its just very annoying when you get it slightly wrong and end up facing the wrong way with the wheel hanging off because of a bit of fence that sticks out.

im not saying i dont like the track because i went well in a rod round there, its just very annoying when you get it slightly wrong and end up facing the wrong way with the wheel hanging off because of a bit of fence that sticks out.

Its part of the fun....... next people will be tell us to make stoke flatter and have armco  banghead2.gif  king.gif  coffee.gif

Guest Scrapman53

The only thing that isn't real to life with Cowdie is the gaps in the armco on the bends. AndyG done this so that if you end up going over the armco you could get back on the track. I personally dont have any problems with the grip levels, it's all in the setup. smile.gif

Having watched this years world cup dvd the other day it does appear that the real life track drives completely different to our online one, the model looks as if it has all of the bits in the right places but from watching the dvd something just isn't quite right, it's hard to tell just from a dvd but the straights on the real track seem shorter and the corners less banked  shrug.gif

Without the original modelling files the track cannot be altered, it would have to be completely remade, that goes for making reverse versions or making sticky infields too.

We have a couple of people currently learning the art of track modelling so if someone can get lots of high resolution pictures of the track mainly from the inside looking out then you never know someone might have a go at doing it.

Edited by Nick M48

We have a couple of people currently learning the art of track modelling so if someone can get lots of high resolution pictures of the track mainly from the inside looking out then you never know someone might have a go at doing it.

Consider it done!!!

Which is exactly how the track is in real life.

If it aint broke, don't fix it!  042.gif  thumbs_up.gif

BB, you go to the track nowadays and tell me how close the track is to the one in game, The one in game is too highly bankes, fences are wrong, track is too wide imho and tis too long.

cheers

sparky

Guest Scrapman53

So does this mean that Cowdie is going to be shorter than the old Swaffham? I've driven on both in real life and Cowdie is certainly longer than Swaffham. I had to run Swaffham with a 3.9 diff and Cowdie was a 3.7 for me at that time. And after the track alterations at Cowdie I had to run a 3.5 to stop it blowing up. All 3 had the same ratio 2nd gear too.

The one in game is too highly bankes, fences are wrong, track is too wide imho and tis too long.

cheers

sparky

Anything else? Quit yapping and do something about it then.....

Not only the track, but i'm sure there's been a scoreboard put up, which isn't in the game. It's a disgrace that hasn't been included  rolleyes.gif

That's a bit harsh sonny.   042.gif

I was taking the [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] Al....Find it overly funny that people can complain, and pick out mistakes, Sparky as a prime example.  smile.gif

Go away david, tell me how much you have actually ever done in modelling or anything. Yet you seem to take the time to complain about all my 'attempts'. which is more 'attempts' than you who likes to bring in sarcasm about other people complaining. Me as a prime example, at least I try. You havn't lifted a finger to help and/or try and improve the mods in any way.

cheers

sparky

Edited by Sparky961

Consider it done!!!

Don't bother getting the pics Mek, it seems those who have driven the track say that it's already lifelike.

Go away david, tell me how much you have actually ever done in modelling or anything. Yet you seem to take the time to complain about all my 'attempts'. which is more 'attempts' than you who likes to bring in sarcasm about other people complaining. Me as a prime example, at least I try. You havn't lifted a finger to help and/or try and improve the mods in any way.

cheers

sparky

Why would i want to try? I have no interest in trying to build a track, i have everything available to me, but it doesn't appeal to me. I seem to complain about people? It wasn't me that knocked AndyG's work, about not being 'near real life', was it?

The only finger i'll lift is the 'one fingured salute' to you, son.  whistling.gif

Edited by LeeK39

cheers

sparky

sparky i don't know you or have ever had any dealing's with you but for a kid of 16 you have a lot too say and i haven't seen any end product from you so take your mouth and go pester another forum.

111.gif

Edited by LeeK39

Rite, one thing, I have been racing in the league before most of you that have posted here have coffee.gif I take a break of 2 years to have a break from the online racing, and now, people seem to think they can just knock back other people, I suppose none of you remember the mcloon that never made it into the actual online game that was finished and in the game and had a template and everything, That was a finished article and a big step forard to me. The way people in the league these days treat people is just imi, shocking, and the league was alot more friendly and welcoming before. I suppose none of you remember buxton, noone says anything about the track because it drives superbly, even though it is very unlike the real think on the infield. The reason cowdenbeath stands out in peoples mind is because the track is rubbish for online racing.

cheers

sparky

Rite, one thing, I have been racing in the league before most of you that have posted here have coffee.gif I take a break of 2 years to have a break from the online racing, and now, people seem to think they can just knock back other people, I suppose none of you remember the mcloon that never made it into the actual online game that was finished and in the game and had a template and everything, That was a finished article and a big step forard to me. The way people in the league these days treat people is just imi, shocking, and the league was alot more friendly and welcoming before. I suppose none of you remember buxton, noone says anything about the track because it drives superbly, even though it is very unlike the real think on the infield. The reason cowdenbeath stands out in peoples mind is because the track is rubbish for online racing.

cheers

sparky

The Mcloon? isnt that the whole point everyone is trying to make with you sparky? It didnt make it into the actual game, therefore you still havent made anything thats useful!

Just because you were here before lots of people it doesnt make you any better than them. Make a car/track, get it in the actual game, someone might take some notice of you, and you might actually have some credability when you slag off other peoples work.

It's not that corny, it's the fact that david has the cheek to post some cheeky sarcastic comment towards me/my modelling/skin painting every time i post, and all this about when are we gettin the new cowdie etc. Just gets rather boring and is more or less spam as he has nothing constructive to say.

cheers

sparky

ps. MOR, lets see you actually get any model into the game and be drivable and then you can slag off the fact that it didn't get into the game. It wasn't a good enough model.........it was a step further than you have got mate.

merry christmas and slag my modelling off when you have actually done some that got into the heat mod, not online and released but actually in the game, and not a plain red car.

rant over

Edited by Sparky961

ps. MOR, lets see you actually get any model into the game and be drivable and then you can slag off the fact that it didn't get into the game. It wasn't a good enough model.........it was a step further than you have got mate.

merry christmas and slag my modelling off when you have actually done some that got into the heat mod, not online and released but actually in the game, and not a plain red car.

rant over

I might be a little bit closer to taking up your challenge than you think mate, except i will only post my work when finished, that way nobody will be disapointed....

Merry Christmas

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..