track alterations

It's not that corny, it's the fact that david has the cheek to post some cheeky sarcastic comment towards me/my modelling/skin painting every time i post, and all this about when are we gettin the new cowdie etc. Just gets rather boring and is more or less spam as he has nothing constructive to say.

cheers

sparky

ps. MOR, lets see you actually get any model into the game and be drivable and then you can slag off the fact that it didn't get into the game. It wasn't a good enough model.........it was a step further than you have got mate.

merry christmas and slag my modelling off when you have actually done some that got into the heat mod, not online and released but actually in the game, and not a plain red car.

rant over

What a load of arse, Ive never replied to one of your rants but you get no respect off anyone, and certainly not me,  when you go off on one like that.

Need to chill out big time

Cheers

Grasser#233

I might be a little bit closer to taking up your challenge than you think mate, except i will only post my work when finished, that way nobody will be disapointed....

Merry Christmas

good luck Mor and hope it looks as good as i expect it too thumbup.gif

PS sparky the point i was making was you are a 16 year old kid and your language was a bit of a joke i can eff n jeff with the best of them and have done in the past and no doubt will do in the future but this is a forum where kid's browse i'e mav jnr who is 6 yr's old i believe so no place for that language pal it doesnt get you any street cred on here it just show's you for what you are.

ps i will look forward to your reply in a couple of day's as you will now be in bed waiting for santa to bring you your prezzies

12.gif

Before anyone starts saying that the tracks aren't as in real life, here is a little explaination why they aren't 100% spot on.

When AndyG and JayW made the break through in Heat with the track building (they was the 1st in the world to get a new track in Heat so think before you say something) everything was very new to them and us. AndyG knocked up a lot of tracks in a short space of time. He did this as it was the off season and he wanted to get everything ready for the new season when we would start using the new Nascar Heat game. The idea was more tracks and variaty in tracks. He made most of the tracks without even having been there or having any pictures of the track at all. He build them from what other people told him how it would look like. Thats why some tracks might resemble a real life track more then others.

I think it doesn't matter if Cowdy, Buxton or whatever tracks are not 100% to the real life. The more important thing is that they are completely different tracks to race on (on-line) and this only adds to the enjoyement of racing. We must be happy with what we have and appriciate that there were folk that have made these tracks. Without the tracks, there wouldn't be a UK Dirt Heat based mod and we might still be racing the DTRSC game.

If you think the tracks in Heat don't look good, then I can only say that you have never raced in the time when there was DTRSC. But to us that didn't matter as it was racing at different tracks, that was the big thrill.

It's easy to say something isn't right about the modeling of things, but those that model only know what an amount of work goes into the modeling. I would like to wish that altering a model is a simple job to do, but sadly this isn't the case. So next time someone comes up with a question to alter a model in Heat, have another read through this post please as it isn't a click on the button.

cheers

Dragon

biggrin.gif  111.gif  biggrin.gif

I was so proud when i finally got a car in the game, not in the actual game but actually working in heat, but all I ever got was, when's it actually gonna be finished. Thats rubbish. And also whenever I post I only get criticism, has been that way from the start. I posted 'my views!' about warneton, and got "sparky talking a load of [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] again" back at me. From people that have never even been to the track. The point is, some of you people have nothing good to say when someone goes and gives it a shot, they just get criticism, that does not make anyone want to contribute to the game. Everyone has the right to their views on this forum, at least, that is what some of us arn't. Seems I am not allowed to post my views on this forum as you only complain. Simon Cowell is an honest man, are we meant to lie on this forum and say everything is peachy, that aint life, criticism is part of life, but when someone posts a model, I aint allowed to post criticism, I remember a certain post on the editing forum. And what that caused, not naming anybody or going into any more dtail but just put it this way, wondering why some of the models for bangers aint getting finished banghead2.gif

I was planning on making a comeback in 06, but from the new crowd on here, doesn't seem worth £25 to just get slagged off and complained about.

cheers

sparky

post-103-1135506821.jpg

Edited by Sparky961

I raced in the first season we used jolt and the season before that one david  5.gif Stopped because of problems outwith online racing and problems in my life, was hoping to come back as I had just made yellow grade in the f1's and picking up with qualifying for a few finals, that was probably before you started racing ukdirt david, dnt worry, i'll be putting you back through the fence soon enough.

cheers

sparky

I've never had much to do with Sparky but when I have he's always been pleasant with me, sure I've read some silly things that he's posted on the forum over the years but they have almost always been in reply to someone ridiculing him or his modelling skills, so what sort of reply do you all expect from him, he is just a kid afterall trying his best at something that is extremely difficult to learn  shrug.gif too many of you seem to knock him for no particular reason  thumbs_down.gif

I think everybody within this league appreciates the huge amount of work that AndyG, JayW etc put into it to get it started, probably me more than most as I know just how much time must have been spent modelling the tracks and things, as Dragon said himself alot of the tracks were modelled just from peoples explainations of the tracks, to get things as good and as close to real life as they did makes their work even more incredible, we have more resources available to us now such as aerial pictures and high quality digital cameras as well as lots of people that have driven the tracks in real life, their opinion is the most valued of all and is something that I'll use in the future if I model any more tracks, we also have much better pc's that are able to cope with more detail, so basically what I'm saying is that people are bound to talk about making a track better, more realistic or asking about fixing minor bugs, because pc's and games move on and with it expectations get higher, to me that in no way means they do not appreciate the work the original modellers did.

1106.gif

BTW Happy Christmas  2.gif

Edited by Nick M48

Me and Corny had lots of joy last night on the Buxton track last night, and the best racing...and him commenting on the 'made up' track, and me giving it the 'what dreams are made of..'. The point being, wether it's 100% correct or not, isn't the issue. It's another track that offers a different racing style, and different approach. Wether it's 'what it drives in real life' or not, doesn't matter. I don't see yellow flags being waved, do you?

Just for the record Sparky, i started at roughly the same time as you, having raced plenty before the 'switch' to jolt, and tbh...never seen you in very often (when i was keen, and did race..). I encourage putting 'through the fence', but you have to remember you have to be fast enough to be able to make such a manouvre...

Nick, we know Sparky's only a whippersnapper, and i was the same a while ago (still am...to some!!) but sometimes it's a hard learning curve...I don't have a problem with Sparky (or anyone for that matter..). Most people just through things over in jest (Andymec, great example...always gets me in stiches when he 'comments on Sparky').

What i think 'annoys' or 'upsets' people, is just coming up with such ideas. Instead of track changes, which would be just as hard...another 'type of track'. I've yet (so far..) to read that a modeller (bar yourself Nick..) is looking for pics, to attempt a track. It's always someone wanting something done...

There's enough tracks in the game, some that aren't used in the league...and the chances of it getting used aren't 100%.

With regards to Sparkys Model (s), i thought the Saloon was great but maybe taking a leaf out of (james?!) the guy that's making the Darby Saloon, get on with it, and show off the results (although a progress report always goes down a treat with the addicted! biggrin.gif)

Have a good un, and don't take everything personal  rolleyes.gif

sorry guys if id known my suggestion would have caused so much trouble i wouldnt have bothered. after all this league is about fun, i joined because i race for real and thought it would be FUN to 'have a go' online as well.

i decided to have a go in the rods because i was quick enough to compete, i had a small coming together with someone in a class1 race at cowdie and when we got back in chat i got a pm telling me  ' this isnt bangers mate'.

like i said i joined for fun and when u get people saying stuff like that it makes you think is it all worth it? theres too many people in real life who like using hammers for other things than repairing cars so we dont any online do we?

as for the cowdie track it drives ok and i went well round there, all i was saying was that it would be nice if the inner armco didnt stick out so much. not being a modeller i didnt realise how much work it envolves to make a model and i salute anyone who attempts and succeeds to make anything near life like.

now can we all stop bickering and get back to being a FUN community to race with.

cheers, dangerous damo 2.gif

What i think 'annoys' or 'upsets' people, is just coming up with such ideas. Instead of track changes, which would be just as hard...another 'type of track'. I've yet (so far..) to read that a modeller (bar yourself Nick..) is looking for pics, to attempt a track. It's always someone wanting something done...

Have a good un, and don't take everything personal  rolleyes.gif

Hello there everybody

In reply to this bit just up here I would just like to say, if anyones willing to give me a hand in learning to model i would be willing devote a lot of my time, doing the best I can, modelling tracks and cars (hopefully good enough to make it to the leagues) for HEAT.

Cheers and a merry Xmas to you all

WAR

Simon Cowell is an honest man,

Until you said this you were doing well.   thumbs_down.gif

I maybe straying rather far from the topic but Simon Cowell is a man who would say someone drawing their fingernails down a blackboard is the "X Factor" if it will make him another couple of million quid  3.gif

Honest he certainly ain't  011.gif I know more about rocket science than he does about music.   1106.gif

(Sorry for hijacking this topic  wink.gif )

:EDIT: If we are talking about another Simon Cowell then i have no idea who he is and apologise. Otherwise my previous opinions about one of itv's seemingly endless line of tone deaf karaoke judges (and viewers) still stands.

Edited by Ham 775

• 10 months later...

Online Cowdie crap???????? Imo, that is very realistic! You just have to look at the crowds now compared with maybe 10 years ago for proof.

the online track is just like the real thing, posts about a tyres width from the corner a track thats bumpy as hell and no matter what you do yer car get wrecked, very realistic imo.oh an the person who says its too banked try standing in the middle and looking at it it is quite banked not as much as hedno rite enuf.

maybe we could get gmp to remodel the real track so its a place worth racing again instead of the dangerous car wreckin tip it is nowaday save fowk like me towing our cars hundreds of miles to race.

After reading all of that, im not sure if i should say this having not made any models... but worth a shot

Anyone who is planning to model a new track, or would like to change an existing track can you please please make it so that you have to brake as much as you do in real life. :king:

I say this becase at wimbledon you can jsut tap the brakes and make it round the bend, but in real life you can see the drivers stamping on the pedal! :o

Im sure there are a few other tracks like this aswell.

Arena Old Skool and Standlake are perfect for the amount of braking imo, lets have a few more of those aye? :thumbs_up:

Well done to all that have modeled and got something into game though, without them we wouldnt have something to have fun on every day. As for sparky, theres nothing wrong with a person who will try, after all if you dont try you will never suceed (spelling :S ) so keep at it mate

ta

After reading all of that, im not sure if i should say this having not made any models... but worth a shot

Anyone who is planning to model a new track, or would like to change an existing track can you please please make it so that you have to brake as much as you do in real life. :king:

I say this becase at wimbledon you can jsut tap the brakes and make it round the bend, but in real life you can see the drivers stamping on the pedal! :o

Im sure there are a few other tracks like this aswell.

Arena Old Skool and Standlake are perfect for the amount of braking imo, lets have a few more of those aye? :thumbs_up:

Well done to all that have modeled and got something into game though, without them we wouldnt have something to have fun on every day. As for sparky, theres nothing wrong with a person who will try, after all if you dont try you will never suceed (spelling :S ) so keep at it mate

ta

Thats easier said then done for bangers.

For a start, the bangers have very little brakes and so stamping on them as you refer at Wimbledon is nigh on impossible due to the physics of the cars.

Why not change the brakes I hear you say??

The brakes in the bangers used to be like the SSC/F2 etc (really sharp) but soon became out of favour as people could line up the person in front for the big one only for them to jam the brakes on and slow that person down almost to a stop without any kind of hit being delivered.

People forget now that Heat is a very old game and whilst not being an expert on the subject the physics are well behind on more modern racing sims, plus the newer track's that have been released (Arena, Standlake etc) were done using dead square overhead photos meaning the shape/length of the track are near enough exactly the same as they are in real life.

There are many factors which are bad online from a real life racing point of view, but, I beleive that with the bangers the racing and realism is probably at its peak now and without another game engine being used I cant see it getting any better.

Dazza

nah ya dont quite see what im saying mate :)

at wimbo, driving round normally, i jsut tap the brake button, litterally tap it and it is enough to slow you down, same goes for follow ins, you cant follow someone in beacuse u can take the corner about 10 mph under full speed at the end of the straights!

nah ya dont quite see what im saying mate :)

at wimbo, driving round normally, i jsut tap the brake button, litterally tap it and it is enough to slow you down, same goes for follow ins, you cant follow someone in beacuse u can take the corner about 10 mph under full speed at the end of the straights!

don't forget you'll have a specific car setup in which allows the car to react in this way.....not usual with your average 'off-the-peg' banger i think (i assume, i hope lol). 'Fixed' setup to real car settings and physics might see a slight change in that :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..