• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry for bringing up an old thread.

No pictures, and, since we don't have banger racing here in the States, I will have to type out one of the biggest hits I have ever seen.

The track I attend, and will be racing at soon, is the Waterford Speedbowl (www.speedbowl.com), a 1/3 mile oval about 45min from my house. The series this smash took place in was called "X-Cars," which are pretty much stock vehicles, with a cage, and cut off exhaust. I will get some photo's soon.

Anyways, the #52 Toyota Corolla AE82 sedan, driven by Chris Bissell spun coming off of turn four, now, this was a very dry couple of weeks, so it was VERY dusty, something you UK'ers have no concept of. :-p(I keed, I keed), anyways, it kicked up a cloud of dust, very think, since he was turned into the infield before spinning and stopiing in the cloud almost on the racing line coming out of four. The unlucky car to strike him was the #30 Saturn SC1 driven by Mark Caise. Caise came off the corner a little low, to get under everyone going high, and tagged the drivers-side front fender of Bissell's car. Well, tagged is an understatement, the Saturn was jacked up in the air a good 4-5 feet, and you just saw a plastic fender explode amid the carnage. Awesome wreck, great that no one was hurt.

Edited by Matt

Sorry for double post, but I guess you can't edit a post after a certain amount of time, but, here are some photo's of the X-Cars. (Including the #30 car I was talking about.)

IPB Image

IPB Image

They may look like banger cars, but the first priority of this series is the racing, contact is just a part of it, but not encouraged.

A short video, taken by me, of a restart.

This is the series I want to race in. :)

My cousins also race at this track, in the Legends cars, they have won the Wednesday championship two years in a row, and the Saturday championship this year. Their cars are on the front row of this shot.

IPB Image

I wish someone could make this track for HEAT, I could help if they wanted.

Edited by Matt

Yea they sure do and they are non contact. I didnt realise they came from amaerica

You learn something new everyday lol

I take it you have the legends heat game then??

:thumbs_up:

Yep, no-contact, great racing. I have heard of this "Legends Heat" game, but cannot find a link to it. If I could get one, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

http://rapidroy.com/LCH/

there is the link mate, hope you enjoy the game!!!

also check out rebels they look like legends but are contact (my uncle drives one) :thumbup:

www.rebelsracing.com

cheers

Mate, thanks for that! It has the same bodyshell that my cousin Chris runs, so I can make his skin. :)

As for that Rebel Racing stuff, seems a bit expensive for those cars man. :-/

Edited by Matt

The track I attend, and will be racing at soon, is the Waterford Speedbowl (www.speedbowl.com), a 1/3 mile oval about 45min from my house. The series this smash took place in was called "X-Cars," which are pretty much stock vehicles, with a cage, and cut off exhaust. I will get some photo's soon.

Do they also race these on figure of eight circuits?

I recall seeing something like these racing on a figure of eight track, and there was loads of contact!

One of the drivers was subject to a discovery channel series, but that was regarding his other hobby/job, making custom cars. Think the guys called Jimmy Shine, or summat like that.

• 3 months later...

Didn't believe he coulda pulled that out but here it is courtesy of www.bangorama.be

[attachmentid=16617]

post-876-1182109451.jpg

Now this was scary, i was there. It is Warton team meeting 2004 and my team mate Kev Chadwick was racing a Cav and the culprit for what you are to see it 340 Jay Atkinson and an over toughed capri. And yes Kev was in the car when this happened, I was not racing due to a broken wrist.

post-1871-1182157649.jpg

post-1871-1182157667.jpg

post-1871-1182157685.jpg

post-1871-1182157699.jpg

post-1871-1182157725.jpg

post-1871-1182157742.jpg

post-1871-1182157760.jpg

A thicker door plate wouldnt have done anything, except allow the bolts/washers to rip through the door skin.

Its a bean can car, followed in full chat by a proper old car, its obvious whats going to happen.

Sadly, as newer cars become lighter/made of even thinner metal, this is what will hapen to them when hit hard.

one of the best hits I watched last night on one off the videos from firecracker in 94 was mark polo boulden 249 follow on another driver that it bent the car so bad. has to be the best follow I have seen in ages :rolleyes:

Edited by walker

That door plate doesn't look too sensible :thumbs_down: Glad he got out of that one, looked very sore but the car doesn't look the best prepared..

cheers

sparky

I agree with that quote Sparky, there are quite a few 'bog standard' issues wrong with that car and it doesnt surprise me it folded that bad after the hit. No taking away from the follow in, it was bloody hard and bloody fast and would have left it a mess anyway but I dont beleive it would have been quite as bad for the driver as it looks had a few things been in place.

A thicker door plate wouldnt have done anything, except allow the bolts/washers to rip through the door skin.

Its a bean can car, followed in full chat by a proper old car, its obvious whats going to happen.

Sadly, as newer cars become lighter/made of even thinner metal, this is what will hapen to them when hit hard.

if he had a decent door bar with bolts throught the a post, and throught the b post into the cage (how it should be!) it wouldent of been half as bad.. no plates on passenger side... doors only tied together at the top.. seats not tied in... water tank held in by a strap .. what did he expect? [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] poor imo

Edited by FbF 656

if he had a decent door bar with bolts throught the a post, and throught the b post into the cage (how it should be!) it wouldent of been half as bad.. no plates on passenger side... doors only tied together at the top.. seats not tied in... water tank held in by a strap .. what did he expect? [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] poor imo

I think he wanted to have a nice little plod around with a bit of nudge and spin here and there?

Another hard hit has to be what Basher 57 received in the Talbot Londoner, and to think he had undone his harness's aswell very lucky and end upside down .

I will also never forget the sight of the flying yank limo at Firecracker aiming right for the spectators, i was stood at that end thinking that thing is not going to stop, but luck was on the crowd side and it did.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..