lewis208

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

found this on oldskool ford forum

TBH, 99% of most young drivers should be made to witness the after effects of a crash like this, especialy the human after effects, maybe then they would think twice before driving round in their ' plastic fantastic' modded shopping trolleys with ironing boards for rear spoilers, like immortal idiots. :shrug:

On a lighter note, at least there is a salvagable rear light cluster off the MK5, so its not a 100% loss....... :scared15:

welding, pah!

[attachmentid=12493]

[attachmentid=12494]

[attachmentid=12495]

You really think welding would of helped?

The driver was ok just a bit shaken.

post-326-1167648649.jpg

post-326-1167648659.jpg

post-326-1167648669.jpg

Edited by jack 360

tbh that one was ok,it was when i managed to get it started again with 1-2 laps to go i thought f@~k it ill fill the gap up that was there on the turn two i got nailed by a rapid zephyer which i felt,ill defo be back though way better that stockcars :thumbup:

Give Jamesy his due he got stuck in got hit friggin hard in the passenger door and i said to him kin ell that looked hard and he said not relly i was like eh? lol came out with a smile on his face and said he will do it again. (even tho all he did yesterday was winge about his neck lol) must admit when he missed that car for a follow in i wet myself not a chance he was gonna hit prably would of got him next corner lol any way well done, lets hope you can do a full race next time :thumbup:

Cheers Si

• 4 weeks later...

Looks the job mate. :thumbup:

If I was you though, I would get some huge great big plates to bolt all the doors together with, that may stop the old girl bending as bad as the first one ( though seeeing that its a sierra, thats doubtful, coke can on wheels springs to mind). :rofl:

When I used to race sierras I used to nut and bolt as much as possible to try and stop them falling to bits.

Depending on what the rules state , I would use atleast a minimum of 4 bonnet bolts, with BIG plates, and if your allowed, crush tubes on as many as you can get away with.

I always used to cut the spare wheelwell out as well, that way when you get hit in the rear, the floor still drops, but hopefully shouldnt drag on the floor slowing you down.

Always used to use a big pair of corner plates for the bonnet, cut from thick chequer plate, always used to weld these on( full length where they touch the wing and as much of the scuttle panel/windscreen lip) as that added a bit more stength and stopped the bonnet from coming back and slapping me in the face, bolted corner plates always seemed to rip throught the tissue thick front wings. When the cars wrecked, just chiesel through the windscreen part and you can literaly wrench the wing bit off ( the wings ARE that soft) then they are ready to weld straight onto the next one. anothet tip for this, is to get some 30mm holes drilled/gassed in the corner plates, over the part where they sit on the wing. when you fit them, spot weld the wing through these holes and it should prevent the plates from ripping off as easily.

I always used to rummage round the yard, and collect bonnet stays ( log thin round bits off bar) off other cars, then use these to bridge the door gap around the drivers door, then seam weld them in solid. If your realy keen, then get some thicker plate and weld this over the top for good measure, remember " Driver safety is the most important thing" ;)

Oh, and dont forget to have loads of fun! :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..