best hit you have ever seen

lewis208

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing wrong with a Sierra for an Unders banger meeting Jamesy.

Fair enough, they aint the strongest on the front end, but the backs aint too bad (better than a poobirds) an they handle well.

Nothing wrong with a Sierra for an Unders banger meeting Jamesy.

Fair enough, they aint the strongest on the front end, but the backs aint too bad (better than a poobirds) an they handle well.

gd job there hard on the rear,think it will get a pounding only out for a giggle so not to botherd lol if i was id pay top money for a poobird, as they going for about a £100 down here.Iknow one driver who payed £150 for 1.8 loon version :o bugger that cars for free are better :thumbup:

Does anyone know of a website or somthing similer that you can search for Scrapyards with?

I'v had a look on the net but didn't have much luck.

I'd love to have a good look round a scrappy, and woundered if there are any local to me?

Rikard, I found the following list on this site. Is it any use?

Car Breakers in South East

Berkshire (Reading, Bracknell, Maidenhead, Newbury, Windsor, Wokingham, Abingdon)

Buckinghamshire (Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Slough, Buckingham, High Wycombe)

Hampshire (Winchester, Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Basingstoke, Newport)

Oxfordshire (Oxford, Banbury, Witney, Bicester, Henley-on-Thames, Carterton, Thame)

Surrey (Guildford, Croydon, Woking, Sutton, Kingston-on-Thames, Wandsworth, Wimbledon, Brixton)

Sussex (Chichester, Brighton, Worthing, Crawley, Hastings, Eastbourne, Bognor Regis, Horsham)

Cambridgeshire (Cambridge, Wisbech, Ely, March, Whittlesey, Chatteris, Linton)

Essex (Chelmsford, Basildon, Romford, Southend, Colcheter, Harlow, Brentwood, West Ham)

Kent (Maidstone, Canterbury, Bromley, Rochester, Margate, Folkestone, Dover, Greenwich)

Middlesex (City of London, Harrow, Enfield, Staines, Ealing, Potters Bar, Westminster )

Car Breakers in South West

Cornwall (Bodmin, Truro, Camborne, Redruth, St. Austell, Falmouth, Penzance, Newquay)

Devon (Exeter, Plymouth, Torquay, Paignton, Barnstaple, Tiverton, Newton Abbot, Tavistock)

Dorset (Dorchester, Poole, Weymouth, Sherborne, Wimborne Minster, Shaftesbury)

Gloucestershire (Gloucester, Bristol, Cheltenham, Stroud, Cirencester, Tewkesbury)

Somerset (Taunton, Bath, Weston-super-Mare, Yeovil, Bridgwater, Wells, Glastonbury)

Wiltshire (Trowbridge, Salisbury, Swindon, Chippenham, Devizes, Marlborough, Warminster)

Breaker in Midlands

Derbyshire (Derby, Chesterfield, Ilkeston, Swadlincote, Buxton, Matlock, Ashbourne)

Herefordshire (Hereford, Ross-on-Wye, Leominster, Ledbury, Bromyard, Kington)

Leicestershire (Leicester, Loughborough, Hinckley, Melton Mowbray, Coalville, Lutterworth)

Northamptonshire (Northampton, Peterborough, Corby, Kettering, Wellingborough)

Nottinghamshire (Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop, Newark, Retford, Southwell)

Rutland (Oakham, Uppingham. Cottesmore)

Shropshire (Shrewsbury, Telford, Oswestry, Bridgnorth, Whitchurch, Market Drayton, Ludlow

Staffordshire (Stafford, Stoke-on-Trent, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Cannock, Lichfield)

Warwickshire (Warwick, Birmingham, Coventry, Nuneaton, Rugby, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon)

Worcestershire (Worcester, Dudley, Kidderminster, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Malvern, Evesham)

Car Scrap Yards in North West

Cheshire (Chester, Stockport, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Runcorn, Macclesfield, Crewe

Cumberland (Carlisle, Whitehaven, Workington, Penrith, Keswick, Brampton)

Lancashire (Lancaster, Liverpool, Manchester, Preston, Bolton, Warrington, Barrow-in-Furness)

Yorkshire North Riding (Northallerton, Middlesbrough, Scarborough, Whitby)

East Riding (Beverley, Hull, Bridlington, Driffield, Hornsea, Filey)

West Riding (Wakefield, Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Halifax, Harrogate) York (within the Walls)

Westmorland (Appleby, Kendal, Windermere, Ambleside, Kirkby Lonsdale)

Scrap Yards in North East

Durham (Durham, Sunderland, Stockton-on-Tees, Darlington, Hartlepool, Gateshead, Washington)

Lincolnshire (Lincoln, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Boston, Grantham, Stamford, Skegness, Louth)

Northumberland (Alnwick, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Morpeth, Hexham, Berwick-upon-Tweed)

Although, the site might not be very useful for searching for actual parts, I remember last year at some point, my dad got me to put in a request for a fanbelt tensioner for his Megane, he has since sold the car and we still haven't gotten a response to the request :lol:

Edited by erik

Although, the site might not be very useful for searching for actual parts, I remember last year at some point, my dad got me to put in a request for a fanbelt tensioner for his Megane, he has since sold the car and we still haven't gotten a response to the request :lol:

You should maybe email them back, with a few swear words that may get them to respond to u seen as ur gd at that language kind of thing :scared15::rofl:;)

Rik, nearest 'good' scrapyard to you is Bridges, near Gatwick.

Ripleys in Hastings is obviously closer, but its not very good.

cool, thanks

do they have a website?

and and another thing thought you may know, where does Cecil get all his cars from? he must have loads! he builds about 3/4 a week somtimes! :thumbup:

cool, thanks

do they have a website?

and and another thing thought you may know, where does Cecil get all his cars from? he must have loads! he builds about 3/4 a week somtimes! :thumbup:

http://www.gwbridges.co.uk

A lot of his cars are sourced via his contacts. He was doing a deal with BoxerJack on Astras last year. Cars like the Roller and Limo were all paid for by the TV Companies for renting out on shows like Vroom Vroom, Top Gear and Ant N Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway. Once finished with we can then race them.

As for 3 or 4 a week, thats a slow week, lol.

The last 2 weeks over 12 cars have come out of the workshop, including 5 or 6 for the Ipswich charity team meeting as well as 4 or 5 metros.

The best we wver did was build 11 cars in one week, half of those were to promote the flatout video game at Wimbledon.

:thumbup:

cool, thanks

do they have a website?

http://www.gwbridges.co.uk

A lot of his cars are sourced via his contacts. He was doing a deal with BoxerJack on Astras last year. Cars like the Roller and Limo were all paid for by the TV Companies for renting out on shows like Vroom Vroom, Top Gear and Ant N Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway. Once finished with we can then race them.

As for 3 or 4 a week, thats a slow week, lol.

The last 2 weeks over 12 cars have come out of the workshop, including 5 or 6 for the Ipswich charity team meeting as well as 4 or 5 metros.

The best we wver did was build 11 cars in one week, half of those were to promote the flatout video game at Wimbledon.

:thumbup:

didn't realise you worked with cecil, were you with him at wimbo on november 3rd?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..