best hit you have ever seen

lewis208

some gd tips there mcrew,ive cut the spare wheel well out all ready,can't bolt it up to much due it being in the bangerstox.Only cause i cant use a dizzy gard on it,being a cvh its a little prone to breaking being right on the front :banghead2: wings r hanging of its that ruff :rofl::thumbup:

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

another sierra ready for st day on sunday bar a few signs,nothing like a bit of bilge :rofl: my miss said i should be called mr.bilge as i race poo cars :rofl:

Good luck :thumbup:

some gd tips there mcrew,ive cut the spare wheel well out all ready,can't bolt it up to much due it being in the bangerstox.Only cause i cant use a dizzy gard on it,being a cvh its a little prone to breaking being right on the front :banghead2: wings r hanging of its that ruff :rofl::thumbup:

Are you allowed to cut the bulkhead and run a normal cvh dizzy out of the back of the head? :shrug:

Another problem with the sierra...the front end tends to peel away from the chassie :blink:

noticed this especially on lips car from the rwd meet at wimbledon on sunday, he followed in weevil puggy and it push the bonnet off the chassie.

Mayby try bolting evertyhing down on the front end, as thats the last thing you want to happen really :/

lmao mcrew need plenty of duck tape just tp hold it togeather :rofl:

:rofl:

Hate to say it, but the last few cars I raced where still MOTed! :o

I wasnt so worried about them having road tax, but you do have to draw the line somewhere. :rofl:

Infact the last metro I used had 11 months and 2 weeks of MOT left on it as the customer who owned it kept messing me around. :rolleyes:

well what can i say....I WONT BOTHER RACING ANOTHER :banghead2: nothing but trouble with today,got there it would'nt start :banghead2: then sorted out.did my 1st heat all of 4-5 laps put the front cross member through the rad broke the leads too,sorted it for the next heat for the leads to bugger up again :banghead2:

post-451-1170615241.jpg

post-451-1170615259.jpg

well what can i say....I WONT BOTHER RACING ANOTHER :banghead2: nothing but trouble with today,got there it would'nt start :banghead2: then sorted out.did my 1st heat all of 4-5 laps put the front cross member through the rad broke the leads too,sorted it for the next heat for the leads to bugger up again :banghead2:

You shoulda put a CVH dizzy in the back of the head. ;)

Pintoed Sierras are far better than CVH ones.

At the end of the day it dont matter what engine your running though, they are all as soft as each other.

The saloon was done through the side, off the infield at Smeatharpe by some muppet, who was repaid in kind when I killed his Volvo at Autospuds Alternative world final in 1798 0r 1430...it feels years ago now. :rofl:

The estate was done by Noon ( I think, I know it was a Blooze Boy ) and one of the Autospeed regulars ( Dazza will be able tell you who exactly) at the first Blockbuster/Boneshaker/1800 open at Westworld a few years back.

Neither hit was extremely hard as such, its just that Sierras tend to fold up well, A soggy kleenexe box on wheels would probably take a harder hit. :rofl:

Ah yes, Mr.Hooper I recall!

How many old pics have you got mate? Dunno if you've been on my site lately but im after some old pics to make a 'Not quite so Retro' page. I've got some from 2001/2002 and onwards but nothing from older then that.

Anything would be cool though :thumbup:

Dazza

Oh and 1 more thing Crewie, did I read somewhere that your finest hit was done in a Sierra :scared15:

:rofl: There are more, but the Sierra was the only one that I had a picture of.

I did manage to load up three metros with one hit at St Day, back in the old days of Monarch racing, that was a good un. :thumbup: And I took out a team mate at the same time. :rofl:

How many old pics have you got mate? Dunno if you've been on my site lately but im after some old pics to make a 'Not quite so Retro' page. I've got some from 2001/2002 and onwards but nothing from older then that.

Anything would be cool though :thumbup:

Dazza

Im afraid that I dont have many Daz, and those that I do have where mostly taken in my yard. If you want them your more than welcome to them. :thumbup:

If you want any old Newton Abbot pictures, the only lead I have is the name of ' Wendy Wilkinson'.

She used to be the track photographer at Newton for many years.

Unfortunately she never had any details in the programs, so I wouldnt even be able to start to tell you how to contact her.

Maybe if you speak to Cabs nicely, he may inturn speak to Crispen, as he would probably be the only link to getting hold of her now.

I would kill to get hold of her photo collection! :eusa_think:

Crispen has no idea where or what Wendy and her 'wellies' are doing now. But did say the best bet is to ask Steve Hunt, so i will when i see him.

He says he has some pics somewhere and will try to find them, so i'll let you chaps know or if you see him yourself keep pestering him :thumbs_up: I'm going down the 'blackmail' route myself as i'm hoping to get hold of some old F2 pics which have to my knowledge never been seen before (apart from when they were taken lol) so i'm using these as a bargining tool :thumbup:

Cabs ive got that vid still at home when that black car came flying in on your and sent your petrol tank i think it was flying past your ear, ( :rofl: when philppsy was giving you stick to give him the touch when you was getting interviewd) yea jamesy thats my old man in his tina est think he and cabs was the only one to last all day,

Si

Nice clips, that Mr Lossy crash was a scary moment, at first I thought he had lost his head! Everyone in the crowd was shocked, but then a huge cheer when he got out ok! :thumbup::thumbup:

Another scary moment was when the car got rammed when the guy was half out :o On the Spedeworth forum it says he suffered a hip injury, but has had it operated on, so should be fine :thumbup: but judging by the way he got wiped around he could have broken his back.

It was a fantastic meeting this year, loved every second of it! :thumbup:

Looks the job mate. :thumbup:

If I was you though, I would get some huge great big plates to bolt all the doors together with, that may stop the old girl bending as bad as the first one ( though seeeing that its a sierra, thats doubtful, coke can on wheels springs to mind). :rofl:

When I used to race sierras I used to nut and bolt as much as possible to try and stop them falling to bits.

Depending on what the rules state , I would use atleast a minimum of 4 bonnet bolts, with BIG plates, and if your allowed, crush tubes on as many as you can get away with.

I always used to cut the spare wheelwell out as well, that way when you get hit in the rear, the floor still drops, but hopefully shouldnt drag on the floor slowing you down.

Always used to use a big pair of corner plates for the bonnet, cut from thick chequer plate, always used to weld these on( full length where they touch the wing and as much of the scuttle panel/windscreen lip) as that added a bit more stength and stopped the bonnet from coming back and slapping me in the face, bolted corner plates always seemed to rip throught the tissue thick front wings. When the cars wrecked, just chiesel through the windscreen part and you can literaly wrench the wing bit off ( the wings ARE that soft) then they are ready to weld straight onto the next one. anothet tip for this, is to get some 30mm holes drilled/gassed in the corner plates, over the part where they sit on the wing. when you fit them, spot weld the wing through these holes and it should prevent the plates from ripping off as easily.

I always used to rummage round the yard, and collect bonnet stays ( log thin round bits off bar) off other cars, then use these to bridge the door gap around the drivers door, then seam weld them in solid. If your realy keen, then get some thicker plate and weld this over the top for good measure, remember " Driver safety is the most important thing" ;)

Oh, and dont forget to have loads of fun! :thumbup:

only just seen this. to add to what crewie said i always put three or four bolts through the rear wheel arches. stops the outer and inner skins splitting open and also when u use passenger door plates before u bolt em on weld some thin plate over the door seem thats under the plate thus giving added strength the scrutineer cant see.

also use a water tank that bolts to the strut tops and has your bonnet bolts going through it, also makes the front more solid.

and on estate cars just behind the b pillar saw out bout 10 mm from the underside of the roof and 10mm from the underside of the chassis rails underneath the car. that way it will send the boot up in the air not down on the back wheels which is a pig to straighten.

and finally if u ever race a mk2 granny apparently if u unbolt the steering column, turn it upside down and bolt it back in place it lifts it up a couple of inches allows easier exit for those of us more full fat milk as opposed to semi skimmed. :2:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..