best hit you have ever seen

lewis208

wink.gif sierra front wheel drive?

sorry i ment Mondeos  042.gif

common as muck but never used

sierra are very soft imho,built and good few pro stocks for cowdie and thats only tap and spin and they dont last long at all 3.gif  as bangers noway  3.gif  3.gif

there has been a mondeo used think at kings lynn it was

I have seen a few Mondeos used at Crimond. From what I have seen in the Crimond bangers, the Sierra's handling leaves alot to be desired. They seemed to have that "snaking" effect. The Cavaliers are better. Vauxhall know how to make a car with half-decent handling.

I personally would have thought (although maybe wrong as i dont have the chance to race bangers, but people have said this to me) that a Sierra handles better then a Cortina or Capri as they have independent suspension and not a solid axle, similar to a Granada.

But who am i to say shrug.gif

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I personally would have thought (although maybe wrong as i dont have the chance to race bangers, but people have said this to me) that a Sierra handles better then a Cortina or Capri as they have independent suspension and not a solid axle, similar to a Granada.

yes dazza they are very similiar,they do handle better but it takes a gd driver to drive the old tinas and capris thumbup.gif and better to watch imo

yes dazza they are very similiar,they do handle better but it takes a gd driver to drive the old tinas and capris thumbup.gif and better to watch imo

Definately! Would rather watch 20 Cortina's/Capri's racing about then 40 Bluebirds!

Definately! Would rather watch 20 Cortina's/Capri's racing about then 40 Bluebirds!

Same here. I have a video of the National Teams at Hedno this year and it gets a bit repetitive because 99% of the cars there were bluebirds. The racing/wrecking is pretty good but a bit boring from a spectators point of view. Personally, I prefer a bit of variety, but I respect that Bluebirds are good cars to race and get hold of.  coffee.gif

CC

i was just wondering if any1s got any pictures of video clips of wat u would class as an "eipc hit"?

heres some of my pictures that iv got on me pc....

This one Ill never forget, Blockbuster @ Westworld 2002 ? 2003?

I was in front row with my family (see purple lining) bout 4-5 mtr from it when this hit happened

Still cant believe he stepped out unhurt

post-74-1136149364_thumb.jpg

i was just wondering if any1s got any pictures of video clips of wat u would class as an "eipc hit"?

I was in front row with my family (see purple lining) bout 4-5 mtr from it when this hit happened

its amazing, looks like the body got riped off the chasis! but saying that the 126 car is rather large lol

Rikard

Mondeos have been raced nowadays, probably alot more on the non orc tracks that allow fuel injection but they have started converting them with cvh engined heads and drilling out a couple of water ways so won't be long untill there the new thing id imagine. I belive ethan dudley autospeed driver done 3 meetings with his mondeo est.

That crown so i was told was like peds said welded but in the wrong places as with them toyota crowns you have to bolt the body to the chassis as there smallish bolts and rubber mounted. (This may be wrong)?

cheers,

Courty334

Edited by COURTY 334

sierra are very soft imho,built and good few pro stocks for cowdie and thats only tap and spin and they dont last long at all 3.gif  as bangers noway  3.gif  3.gif

791 spud from the mad mob raced a mondeo at lynn as well as jamie wyatt. also spud raced the first ever vauxhall vectra at lynn last month

Warton Banger Crash

Thats quite a good one, I never saw it IRL, just downloaded the video.

if only he had the sence not to brake he might not have gone in so hard compbang.gif

Was there that day mate even if he hadnt of braked he was going in hard, Kev had already lined himslef for corner the Jay picked him up. You could feel the ground move.

Figured out he had broken his finger a week later and thats all that was wrong with him. Never raced since though... shrug.gif

791 spud from the mad mob raced a mondeo at lynn as well as jamie wyatt. also spud raced the first ever vauxhall vectra at lynn last month

Is this the first ever Vectra raced at all, or the first one raced at Kings Lynn? I think there have been Vectras raced at Crimond. Although I am something of a Vauxhall enthusiast, I sometimes have trouble telling a Vectra from a Cavalier.

And, the guy in that Warton crash could have turned left could he not? I suppose, he wouldn't have know that he would end up getting followed in like that. Did he build the car properly? The last time I felt the ground move when watching stock cars was at Yarmouth, with the V8 Superstox, so that must have been a helluva hit.

• 2 weeks later...

i was there as always, and when that hit happened the whole place fell silent!, we were over the other side of the pit bend on top of a lorry, and my dads m8 was over the other side with his son, and soon as it happened took him to go and get a icecream, i dont think he was the only one who thought it was going to be a nasty one, it happened in slow motioned when i watched it, not nice, the atmosphere was electric when mark marchant got out, never to be forgoten! :appl:

Edited by Matt 476

;) sierra front wheel drive?

sorry i ment Mondeos  :042:

sierra are very soft imho,built and good few pro stocks for cowdie and thats only tap and spin and they dont last long at all :3:  as bangers noway  :3:  :3:

Is this the first ever Vectra raced at all, or the first one raced at Kings Lynn? I think there have been Vectras raced at Crimond. Although I am something of a Vauxhall enthusiast, I sometimes have trouble telling a Vectra from a Cavalier.

And, the guy in that Warton crash could have turned left could he not? I suppose, he wouldn't have know that he would end up getting followed in like that. Did he build the car properly? The last time I felt the ground move when watching stock cars was at Yarmouth, with the V8 Superstox, so that must have been a helluva hit.

Then he would have gone into the fence drivers side on

• 1 month later...

another best hit i've seen althou it was a scary one was at northampton heartbreaker meeting this year were the chevy impala of brian cope gets followed in from helms mk1 granny coupe clip on http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=244219

Nice video :thumbup:

It didn't even look that fast, and youd think that a bit Yank would take more than that, no chance of slowing down giving that them old Yanks don't come with brakes lol

no,he wasnt out of the car,and that is the biggest crash in the sport,no question

Bigger than the blockbuster crash when the crown got blitzed by the yank?

Bloke was still in the crown which was in a right mess afterwards.

no,he wasnt out of the car,and that is the biggest crash in the sport,no question

he got followed in on the old warneton track and he roff was on the floor and the driver was squashe where the dash would have been but like the crown wreck he was fine he just needed a it of help out of it

I was at the opposite end of the track ernie and from where we were standing I though he must've been dead as you could clearly see the chassis being ripped like a tin opener effect. The most amzing thing i thought was I was talking to the driver Mark Marchant in the pits after he'd loaded the car on the lorry and he turned the key at which point the motor fired up 1st time. :o

Edited by Flyinsii

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..