Ministox Mod

martin379

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't be at all difficult to line people up. As long as everyone knows that whites line half way down the back straight, yellows on the exit of turn 2, blues on turn 1, and reds 3/4 of the way down the home straight.

We should definately use grades. Contact should be allowed, to stop any major disiplinary matters, we haven't got many drivers, the last thing we want to be doing is banning people.

What formulas run in the winter series?

monday would be better on sunday bws is on most people prob go to that some privert servers can hold 12 to 13

i seem to remember there was a problem with the ministox model that meant it was prone to warp in private servers, so it might be worth you testing beforehand

I hosted a race with 4 minis last night, no warp or anything :thumbup:

"I hosted a race with 4 minis last night, no warp or anything :thumbup:"

Apart from me :rofl: but then it was like that in every mod, could it be the wireless internet, or just because of the weather it isn't such a good connection? :unsure:

It would be good if the minis did go ahead, it may be better as a winter league, cause then there would be more Jolt time free, and more drivers available and if it proves successful then it may be given a perminant Jolt slot and some time.

If it does go ahead it would be nice if it was run well, with proper organisation and respect for everyone, just to show the older snobby peeps that the younger guys can behave :rofl::thumbs_up:

If it goes ahead on a time when im free then i'd also like to race,

so can i reserve number #59

:2:

Edited by Rikard

if you wanna race bangers and have a good crash -race bangers

if you wanna play with the big boys in fast powerful cars - race f1's

if you wanna race a formula were the use of skill with front bumper is what it's about + fun meetings now and again e.g the new zeland style meets - then come and race the ministox.(if we can get some aggreement on days to race and servers etc etc..................................)

dont know what use think but had a tthought

what a bout a dare meetin when we use a fig of 8 track i think it would be quite fun

what do use think ?

gary

That’s a nice idea! may need some rules so you can't wait on the centre, but would make it more fun and will put the emphasis on having a laugh instead of point chasing! :thumbup:

I've never read a thread with so many 'if's' 'but's' and 'maybe's...followed by "oh yeah, lets have a re-think" :rofl:

why don't you try for late afternoon racing (5till6) when a lot of you are back from college, school, job centre, etc otherwise you got no chance in the jolt servers.

Put me down please

Dannyboy530

just looked at fixtures and rules it looks ok but would it not be better to have it more like real life.... Birmingham Midlands Championship , Swaffham EA championship, Arena Essex championship, Wimbo London championship, Cowdenbeath scotish open etc etc because in real life ORC minis are not alowd big championships such as the english , winternationals , eurpean etc....

also more ORC tarmac tracks:- Swaffham Hedno NIR etc etc as they are all good tracks. and also, Whats the point of racing at texel, snoke, tring etc???? Minis dont actually race there.

just some thoughts

right first up i totally agree with comments made about getting servers and times for meeting to be held first before everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon about rules and fixtures.

I was asked to join the "admin" for this last weekend and at the time things were explained to me as it's ok it will be sorted within a day or two. A Week on now and still no exact time for meets??

I wrote the rules and drew up a "DRAFT!!!!!!!!" fixture list - which was ment to show some of my idea's to other admin- that and the rules were never ment to be published or taken as gospel.

I'm gonna attempt to explain my ideas now.

each week we/the mod will race at 3 tracks

- each driver will get 2 heats at each track

- this was thought up to make the racing more interesting each week and stop somone with a really good set-up for that track dominating

The final will then be the choice of the 5th highest points scorer as to which venue from the 3.

The use of tracks such as long eaton and long eaton reverse

-the tracks have been made so use them

- variety is the spice of life

The main concept of the fixtures was to make it different to other mods plus add some events that will give peeps some challenges/different thought proccesses.

if we wanted we could run only at the real tracks the real mini's run atand make it non contact at some tracks (as real life) but why when it'll be more fun to use the game - and it is a game - to it's full potential - if you wanna race hot rods- join the hot rod league.

SPECIAL EVENTS/MEETINGS

3rd is 1st meeting - does exactly what it says - be interesting to see tatics!

MINI Teams - teams selected by your place in the national points chart - so e.g 1st with 12th....this will i hope mean 1st passing on some setups or tips to 12th - making the gap between drivers smaller.

New Zealand Style meetings - @ the NZ tracks - somthing different again but with no rules against folllow ins etc it'll be a good meeting to settle some scores or make some enemies!

Championship names -- the use of the major title names is optinal BUT a championship such as "essex championship" doen't really mean nuch - cant really boast about that!

Now i see a figure 8 idea has been branded about it can be added to list if peeps want it.

But as at the top i would urge those who want to run this to get the main things sorted first as the scriblings that i wrote/have written here are only a vision unless servers etc can be secured/sorted. :shrug:

:scared15:

Right,

We had aparently secured a private server that is able to hold 10-15 people, me and gary have pm'd Kev149, Danskin236 and MoR137, but there has been no reply. If people want this to be a free league then we will have to use the private server that we have been told we can use, sash's, on Monday's with a start time 0f 18.00, so the meeting would be finished by 20.00 at the very latest.

Also I would like to say that the rules will be staying as Hazy has made them. The fixtures may be tweaked to incorporate for a figure of 8 meeting.

Admin are as follows:

- Martin_379

- Gary_cfc_618

- Hazy

- Jimmy259

- Erik

The order that they are in above means nothing.

The first meeting will hopefully be run afterr gary is back from holiday, so I will put up a weeks notice to get skins done before the first meeting.

Thanks,

Martin :thumbs_up:

I'm not sure I like the team meeting idea. Its a bit too much like bangers. And hazy, with regard to Long Eaton, I think we should have a meeting there as I remember reading somewhere that Ministox began at Long Eaton.

I like everything i have read so far, apart from the start time, i usually have my tea at about 7.30, so i can practice for that nights meeting for 20 mins to be in chat for 8.20. Is there no way we can make 30 mins - 45 mins earlier start, otherwise i doubt i will be able to race at all, or very often.

me and gary have pm'd Kev149, Danskin236 and MoR137, but there has been no reply.

I've haven't had any PMs off you, so don't know where that got too, but i wouldnt be the one to ask anyway, its more a general admin thing :thumbs_up:

me and gary have pm'd Kev149, Danskin236 and MoR137, but there has been no reply.

I've haven't had any PMs off you, so don't know where that got too, but i wouldnt be the one to ask anyway, its more a general admin thing :thumbs_up:

sorry MoR, i will speak to gary when he comes back abot puttting the start time forward.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..