new tracks

ok yep this track is going to be awsome for the bangers but maybe saloons and even hotrods would find the track very suitable

Hi Hazy

Reading your comments on hotrods using Aldershot just happens to coincide with finding an old acticle from "Rods & Stocks" mag about 1980 .

In a brief interview with (19) Hotrod legend Mick Collard he states that,"Aldershot Stadium is probably my

favourite track of all. It`s near to my home and I have done more laps round there than any other Hotrod driver. One important thing to remember is that one bend is tighter than the other. If you can get around the tight one you`ve cracked it, but it`s taken me 15 years to learn how to do it! I run soft compound tyres because 75 percent of winning at Aldershot is using a fast to warm up tyre in order to catch the lower grades who can pull out a good lead on a small track. The best line is to stay outside on the straights and tight across the bend then back out as soon as possible. The rule I always remember is to try to suck the starter off his rostrum. In particular the tight bend needs plenty of back end out if you want to come into the straight as fast as you can. I just wish they`d hold the World Championships there!

So if it`s good enough for Mick Collard, & incidently his off-spring Robert, who now contests in the Touring car series.........................

Don`t fancy waiting 15 years to find a good setup though.

:2: Biffo

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could still do with some more pictures to get a better idea of the trackside scenery, so if you have any or know a location on the net please let me know.

Hi Nick

Just cant get hold of any Aldershot Stadium pictures with the Gasometer tower I mentioned previously but its about the only thing of note on the North-Western side in the background, however I did find the present day site on Google Earth and it shows the Gasworks in relation to the old Stadium site.

[attachmentid=8545]

T= track and G= Grandstand site.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards Biffo

post-997-1156105301_thumb.jpg

Thanks again Biffo, A big thanks must also go to JackR who has supplied me with lots of great pictures, they are going to help me no end :thumbs_up:

The two pictures below were supplied by Jack.

[attachmentid=8546]

This is a very sad looking picture

[attachmentid=8547]

post-113-1156108525.jpg

post-113-1156108592.jpg

So if it`s good enough for Mick Collard, & incidently his off-spring Robert, who now contests in the Touring car series.........................

[attachmentid=8593]

[attachmentid=8594]

Mick Collard (19) and Rob Collard(21) rodding round Aldershot.

:2:

post-997-1156356147_thumb.jpg

post-997-1156356188_thumb.jpg

hi nick seeing as the tracks old i think the granny estate looks a lil out of place (i kno grannys raced there i just wanna seee a westy there)so ive made you a westy skin :) plz can we see some more pics of aldershot with the attached westy going round it :scared15::5: excite us even more :D:D

rodder

post-517-1156370706.jpg

westy_for_nick.zip

Edited by hotrod331

hi nick seeing as the tracks old i think the granny estate looks a lil out of place (i kno grannys raced there i just wanna seee a westy there)so ive made you a westy skin :) plz can we see some more pics of aldershot with the attached westy going round it :scared15::5: excite us even more :D:D

rodder

looks quality rodder! :thumbup:

rodder

Thanks, I'll use it to make any future screen shots, nice skin btw :thumbs_up:

I think it would be very nice to see the Jaba Circuit on this game.

First as it's my grandads track and its a 35 year old brisca member aswell.

The best track for the Dutch to get ready for England,the best track for the English 2 beat the Dutch :king::D

it is only 5/10 years brisca Before Spedeworth .. and still there are hanging flags from spedeworth on the race circuit

And its better to do Venray / warneton because they got more visitors then posterholt in history has .... :rofl:

and they are better tracks ...

Always ppl think they know better, Venray is racing in stockcars not Stockcar Racing no Action at all!!!

And if something happens , its always with casualties.The public appearance is bigger but the public amusement is Smaller.. ;)

Have to agree.. I liked Venray last season but new layout looks crap. Both tracks are great in there way but for the league Posterholt would be better.

I think it would be very nice to see the Jaba Circuit on this game.

First as it's my grandads track and its a 35 year old brisca member aswell.

The best track for the Dutch to get ready for England,the best track for the English 2 beat the Dutch :king::D

it is only 5/10 years brisca Before Spedeworth .. and still there are hanging flags from spedeworth on the race circuit

And its better to do Venray / warneton because they got more visitors then posterholt in history has .... :rofl:

and they are better tracks ...

Always ppl think they know better, Venray is racing in stockcars not Stockcar Racing no Action at all!!!

And if something happens , its always with casualties.The public appearance is bigger but the public amusement is Smaller.. ;)

Have to agree.. I liked Venray last season but new layout looks crap. Both tracks are great in there way but for the league Posterholt would be better.

Glad we have an agreement and I think venray gets more ppl because its in the middle of posterholt & lelystad because most ddrivers from around posterholt ont go lelystad and other way round but we all go to venray ...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..