best hit you have ever seen

lewis208

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yesterday at bristol was a mega crash-seen the video online and the air is something else! http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/d...creenheight=600

copy all that to view it

Yikes, quite a nasty crash! :o

Glad to see he was ok, to see some photos of the crash, and some lovly shots of the car before it was "wasted" all in one go,

See the pics before and after here, Banger Photos webiste then click on Album 1

also can someone please say what car it was? as it looks stunning, and very old :o

cheers

[attachmentid=6174]

Think it was a 1936 Talbot 'Londoner' or Sunbeam Talbot 105, whatever they were called.

post-241-1147102752.jpg

yesterday at bristol was a mega crash-seen the video online and the air is something else! http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/d...creenheight=600

copy all that to view it

Glad to see he was ok, to see some photos of the crash, and some lovly shots of the car before it was "wasted" all in one go,

also can someone please say what car it was? as it looks stunning, and very old :o

cheers

[attachmentid=6174]

Think it was a 1936 Talbot 'Londoner' or Sunbeam Talbot 105, whatever they were called.

What a tremendous waste! :surprise:

That car should be put here here must have been worth somthing :o

copy all that to view it

cheers

[attachmentid=6174]

What a tremendous waste! :surprise:

That car should be put here here must have been worth somthing :o

Agreed. What a waste of a classic car.

It didn't go out it style or dignity, a 70 year old car that is older than all of us here, seen so much, seen the world around it change, then probably left by its uncaring owner, bought by some maniac banger races who stripped it of its interior and pride, then got follow'ind and totaly destroyed beyond recognition in one blow.

IF it had to be raced, going out in style would have been taking hit after hit and still chugging on, causing max damage to other cars and going on to win the DD, that is going out in style. It would have been nice to watch it race round a bit more at least. :(

It didn't go out it style or dignity, a 70 year old car that is older than all of us here, seen so much, seen the world around it change, then probably left by its uncaring owner, bought by some maniac banger races who stripped it of its interior and pride, then got follow'ind and totaly destroyed beyond recognition in one blow.

IF it had to be raced, going out in style would have been taking hit after hit and still chugging on, causing max damage to other cars and going on to win the DD, that is going out in style. It would have been nice to watch it race round a bit more at least. :(

I do agree in some ways with what ur saying that it would ave been good to see it chugg on an hit a few more cars, but at least it will now be remembered as the talbot londoner that was blitzed with a huge hit at mendips Thunderbolt in 2006.

I dont think it will ever be forgotten by those who were there or those who have seen the videos and photos of it.

Cheers

Steve

It may seem a waste, but 95% of the time, the cars have way gone past economical (AND/OR physical repair), even though they may look stunning on the outside once 'glossed'.

All the valuable chrome work will have been taken off before racing and sold on to help some car enthusiast who is renovating another car, which will be less past its sell by date.

So it was either to be raced, crushed, or to be left to rot in a field.

...that's the argument pre68/classic banger drivers will tell you anyway! :king:

Racing classics is fair enough if they are beyond restoration, but I would think that in some cases, they aren't. Thats what annoys me, not just the fact that they are being raced, but that they could possibly have been restored, or if their owners had looked after them properly, they wouldn't have ended up in that situation :banghead2::banghead2:.

A mini is a classic car eric, but you have a ministox? surely that was a heap when whoever built it decided to, unless it was a mint road worthy one? :shrug:

Edited by Knobby

Certain cars imo can't pass the economical restore barrior, like 70 year old clasics. Like if you saw a rusty old Ferrari from 1928, or a ruined 1908 Rolls Royce, they would be restored by someone. In sted of racing and wrecking that car, he could have taken it to a clasic car auction and made some money, and someone would buy it either to restore and cherrish, or use it as a donner car or somthing. Seeing the old buet ruined in one hit is as good as seeing it chucked into the crusher.

Ady Barnes payed in region of 300 to 400 quid for car, doubt it came with any running gear as it previousley had Chevy Big Block in it apparentley and was running mixture of ford running gear at mendips which included transit back axle and a Granada V6 under the hood.

Previous owner had gone to effort of remaking most of panel as not exactly avaible off shelf at local spare shop.

Guest Trash

Good god man, it's a chunk of metal not a human being!!!!

Personally the bist hit I ever saw was when Shane Brown got picked up by one of the Stinkbridge crew at Bradford and followed him in! Simply awesome.

Have attatched a couple of pit shots here from one of the icebreakers.

When I get a spare 10hours will go through all my old pics and add some more!

[attachmentid=6020]

[attachmentid=6021]

I am also sat here thinking about funny things I have seen whilst watching banger racing and would appreciate it if anyone could upload a link to one of the old Taunton World Finals where the tractors were chasing the squad to try and get them to stop wrecking after the end of the race - pure comedy!

both of those are from swaffham i think.....

i remember the hits off of The Best of Swaffham Raceway dvd....truely a track that had most best its ever in my eyes.....shame something so gr8 will never be back

Like Trash says its just a bit of metal, it hasn't got feelings!

If it was so precious why didn't the previous owners look after it?

Most classic car enthusiasts either let most of their cars rot away until their beyond repair or use 3 or 4 cars to get 1 decent one, what a waste!!

If its old and got 4 wheels, race it!

Edited by Lee186

Most classic car enthusiasts either let most of their cars rot away until their beyond repair or use 3 or 4 cars to get 1 decent one, what a waste!!

Yes, they use 3 or 4 unusable cars to make one decent one. How is that a waste?

If you look at the front wing of that Talbot thing, you will see there is already rot coming back throught the fresh paint. Looking at the wreck after the racing, there where large chunks of filler missing from allover the car. Verdict, beyond economical repair.

Many 'classics' that are raced nowadays require extensive welding, just to make them track worthy.

If they need that amount of work to be bangered, then they would require many many more hours worth of work to make them roadworthy.

And the Talbot did get in several good hits before it was launched over the fence, so it wasnt that much of a waste. :thumbup:

Yes, they use 3 or 4 unusable cars to make one decent one. How is that a waste?

Because it could be 3 or 4 extra that are raced!!

I supose your right, i assume that that paint hides a lot, still, when it was bought new i bet the owner was very proud of his grand machine, it would be good to go back in time and say to him on the day he bought it that in 70 years it would be in a "banger race" and destroyed! he probably wouldn't bileve you! :thumbup:

Certain cars imo can't pass the economical restore barrior, like 70 year old clasics. Like if you saw a rusty old Ferrari from 1928, or a ruined 1908 Rolls Royce, they would be restored by someone. In sted of racing and wrecking that car, he could have taken it to a clasic car auction and made some money, and someone would buy it either to restore and cherrish, or use it as a donner car or somthing. Seeing the old buet ruined in one hit is as good as seeing it chucked into the crusher.

I would tend to agree with that first part. Some cars cannot pass that barrier. Cars such as the Ford Model T have such simple mechanicals and bodywork that they can be restored now matter how dilapidated they are. For example, people can fabricate their own body panels for such cars, rather than have to find genuine ones. However, I have heard that driving a Model T is a different story...

Edited by erik

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..